[Lay] The Delinquent

He was the most feared person in the school.

Whenever he passes through the corridors, people would make way, and just his presence alone could make the noisiest of elephants turn quiet. He wasn't actually a top bully or someone that physically and verbally abuses everyone that is weaker than him. What made him scary was his eerie silence, and unpredictability. He seemed to be an introvert too; nobody ever saw him talking to a friend or colleague. But someone said he talks to cats, yes.

He's like the global warming; nobody can tell when it will rain or shine. Or if there would even be a sunshine at all. There is even one time when this boy in your class said "banana briefs," and he suddenly punched him in the nose. The boy wasn't even talking to him. He was sent to detention, but he didn't seem to regret it one bit.

There are other stories as well where they say he's a member of an evil evil gang lurking under the city, and they always fight against mafias and drug dealers and other more cliché antagonists, and that's the reason why he always has scrapes on his fists or even a cracked lip.

Zhang Yi Xing.

That's his name, but rumor says that he does't want to be called that and once broke the leg of someone that dared to do so.

So people call him Lay. Some go with cheesier names like Dark Knight or Cold Prince, because he is indeed undeniably handsome with his piercing eyes and honey brown hair and oozing charisma and all, and sometimes could look even sexier with a lip cut.

You? Well you prefer to call him "The Delinquent."

It sounds so cool and matches him well. But you prefer to keep it to yourself because he may hunt you down and kill you if he dislikes the nickname.

"He is soooo creepy." Amber, your one and only friend, suddenly said when she noticed you staring at Lay. He was just walking a few meters ahead of you towards the school gates as it was already end of classes.

"Stop it Amber." You hissed. "If he hears you, you're dead."

"Sorry," she supressed a smile as if the situation was amusing to her. "But he really is hot, ne?"

"AMBER!" You hissed, and she giggled. Lay suddenly snapped his head around, and Amber and you froze like lamp posts. It was even scarier for you as he decided to lock eyes with you.

Oh God oh God I don't wanna die now please I promise I will never fool around again I won't steal Amber's cookies again and will become a better person--

And then he turned his head again and continued walking straight, as if nothing happened. Meanwhile, you felt like you just died.

"Holy shit _____, I could've sworn he shot laser beams through his eyes."

"Goddamnit Amber. I almost died because of you. Stop fooling around." You rubbed your temples, but being the jolly girl she was, Amber just laughed and started walking backwards.

"Be careful on your way home. I heard a lot of mafias are lurking around." She made a finger gun and pretended to shoot around. "See ya tomorrow."

With one last wave, she walked away, and you were left alone in front of the school. Sighing, you started walking the opposite way towards home.

After a few minutes of walking, you felt like someone was following you. You kept on looking behind your back, but nobody was there.

Gosh this feels like a horror movie. I hope there's no backward bending exorcism girl following me.

"Excuse me," you jumped when a large hand landed on your shoulder. You whipped around and saw this elderly man, maybe around late 30's, wearing shades and had his long-ish hair combed a little sideways. "Do you happen to study in S.M High?"