[Xiumin] The Hacker

"We can't afford to have any more of this bullcrap, ______. We have to find that person as soon as possible." The principal stated every word loud and clear, and you can't help but feel the urge to shrink in your seat the longer she looks at you with those big cold eyes. She was obviously very pissed. Very, very pissed.

"Yes ma'am. I'll try my best."

"Don't just try." She slammed her hand on the desk. You felt like you just had a heart attack. "You've taken too long dealing with this matter, ______. And so far, I don't see you doing very well as the president of the student council."

Her tone hinted something like removing you from your position if you screw up in this any farther. Suddenly, you felt this surge of determination and confidence, and you stood up in your seat, looking at her straight in the eye.

"I will do my best, ma'am. I will get that hacker myself. I promise."

And you walked out of the office, ignoring the people's stares as you headed straight towards the council office. If the other officer's can't find a way to track that mothereffing's I.P adress, then maybe it's time for you to do things with your oen hands. After all, it's your honor already at stake, and this grade-manipulation has to end.

"President, I think we--"

"I don't need what you think," you growled at one of the officers you have assigned to the tracking. "I need you to know. I've given you weeks to do this, and you are a programming major for Christ's sake, and you can't even track someone in this same school?!!"

You fought the urge to slam his head against the keyboard as you grabbed him by the collar to take him off the computer. You walked to your desk and took out your laptop.

"Get out. I don't need you here anymore." You heard the closing of the door a few moments later. Did you care if he was hurt? No. He wasn't able to contribute anything to this case and yet, you were the one getting all the scolding from the principal. Like hell, who wouldn't get pissed of at that?!!

Just a few seconds later, you have reached the main server of the school where all the grades of students were stored, edited, and displayed. Only the higher officials of the school and you were given access to this, so you were definite that the hacker was a non-authorized person. You moved to the history log. Surely, the hacker has attacked yesterday again, but the last editing history was still from almost a month ago, when the submission of grades were held. So you have no idea whose grades are being changed and who will be next. The only way to know is by manually checking every student's profiles and add up the sub-grades all over again. Which would take forever.

So you had no choice but to go through the messy and tricky part of the program: The Matrix.

Naah just kidding. We just go inspect the elements.

And so you started looking over the string of commands that seemed to go on forever. So you typed -overlap-, one of the most basic but most useful commands of all. It shows the elements only slapped over the existing command, like painting over graffiti, since overlapping is the only way to "change" elements without the activity showing in the history log. Nah, just a little knowledge passed on by a friend.

Immediately, most of the texts turned grey, except for the few numbers that remained red.

92, 93, 94.

They were grades.

"Gotcha," you smiled proudly to youself, and listed the names of the students whose grades were changed. Unfortunately, you didn't personally know them, so research could be done later. You typed another magical command.