[Kai] Ditched

After a while of walking and eating a few sweets on sight, you eventually got tired and decided to take a rest again. Gosh, why does the night feel like an eternity tonight? It’s not even midnight yet. As you looked up from the cotton candy you were munching on, you realized that you have reached the Circle Park (Well that’s not really its name but you’ve called it like that ever since you were a kid). Since most of the interesting things are located here, just as you expected, a lot of people were here. Eating, Ice-skating, cloud-gazing (there weren’t stars. It’s probably gonna snow soon), or just sitting around. You tried to find a proper place to sit, but all the benches were taken, and most of the cafes were full. Being the anti-social creature you are, being in human-filled places is really not your thing.

Then your eye grazed over the huge fountain. There were no one sitting around it. In fact, they were trying to avoid it, most probably because they’re afraid of water splashing over them. But you were different. You LOVE fountains. Maybe you should try to marry one someday.

Anyway, your body tingled with excitement as you took a seat around it. You had the fountain all to yourself. Mwahahaha. Smiling, you continued eating your cotton candy as you played candy crush on your phone. After like, a few minutes, you heard someone sigh loudly. You looked to your right. There was another guy sitting on the fountain about 5 feet away.

Um, excuse me human? This fountain is mine?

You continued eyeing him as he fiddled with something in his hands. You could only see the side of his face, but he was kind of okay-looking. Sharp jawline, fine nose and all. But he looked kinda sad. You didn’t even realize you were just staring at him all along, until he sighed once again and held up a small box to his eye level. Then he turned around to throw it into the fountain.

“Oh WOAH WOAH hold on there, human.” You waved a hand over his face without even thinking. Wait... did you just call him ‘human?’ He stared at you, and you stared back. You realized he wasn’t just “okay-looking.” Heck, he was absolutely handsome. But this situation was awwwwkward.

Clearing your throat, you returned your hand to yourself and threw your chin up, pretending to be confident. “I mean, you can’t throw random things into the fountain. It’s too beautiful to ruin.”

He gave you a once-over before letting out a small laugh. He pointed to the fountain.

“That? Beautiful?” You nodded. He pointed back to his small box.

“This? Random thing?”

Your eyebrow rose. “Um, yes?”

He laughed again as if he was going to say something more, but then decided against it and slumped back down. “Whatever.”

You gave him a weird look. Did he have a speech impediment or something? But he still looked sad, though. Though you wouldn’t normally rub your nose into someone else’s matter, there was something in you saying that you have to talk to this guy. Anyway, you didn’t have anything else to do, right?

Awkwardly licking your lips, you decided to sit exactly 3 feet away from him.