Sixty Four

a/n: summary manip whoop ^^ finished gossip girl! i was actually pretty close on guessing who gg was so i give myself some cred lol 

A couple days passed since the movie premiere, and Summer and I had been trying to get arrangements settled for the day we move into the new apartment. We still had a little over a week until we could move in, so we had some time to figure out how we were going to get our shit over there.

One thing that was great about Summer living in this hotel was that the only things that were her personal belongings were her clothes and a couple pictures on the wall. Everything else belonged to the hotel. The furniture, appliances, electronics, everything was the hotel property. She only needed to pack whatever was in her closets, which made things a lot easier when we were comparing it to mine.

The only down side was that we have to go out and buy all new furniture for the new apartment because it doesn't come fully furnished. So that was going to be an interesting shopping trip with our different tastes.

Summer pulled out one of the drawers in her dresser before she flipped it upside down, watching as all the clothes fell to the floor in a messy pile.

"I don't think I'll wear any of these in the next week, so I can pack them up."

"It would've been a lot easier if you didn't just dump them on the floor," I laughed as I was sitting on her bed, eating from a bowl of cereal and trying my best to make sure none of the milk splashed over the sides. "Now you have to re-fold them before you pack."

"Oh. I didn't think about that."

"Yeah, keep that in mind the next time you're about to make this place messier than it should be."

"Hey," she pointed her finger at me and tried to look stern. "You don't get a say in how I pack my things if you're not helping. You can keep sitting there eating food, but you can't tell me what to do. It's like being a backseat driver, except packing. You're a backseat packer."

"That doesn't even make sense."

"It did in my head, so hush."

I rolled my eyes and laughed as I continued to finish my bowl of cereal. Summer walked over to her closet and pulled out a massive suitcase. It was just about half her size, and seeing her struggle to get it down from the top shelf was so entertaining.

Though, I was probably being a terrible boyfriend just watching her and not helping.

She groaned a few times as she stumbled over her own feet, trying to bring this piece of luggage across the room.

"Oh no, I don't need any help," she sarcastically spoke up. She didn't direct her words at me, but it was definitely meant for me to hear. "I've got this all handled. It's totally cool to just sit there."

"I didn't want to show off my height in comparison to your small stature."

"Pish posh," Summer rolled her eyes and sat down on the floor, grabbing her clothes to fold.

Before she really did anything else, she quickly stood back up and ran out of the room, exclaiming that she forgot to give me something. I could hear her run down the hallway and down the stairs, opening up some drawers and rummaging around. In just a few moments later, she ran all the way back up to the room, taking a deep breath as she handed me a slip of paper.

"For you. Payment from the designer," she sat back down on the floor with her clothes and began folding. "He was very happy and thought you looked great in his clothes."

I set the cereal bowl on the bedside table as I flipped the piece of paper over. And thank goodness I wasn't holding the bowl anymore because I would have dropped it on the carpeted floor as I read the number written on the check.