Seven

I finished cleaning the kitchen before 10 AM, before the rest of the employees started to arrive. That was the quickest I had ever cleaned that place. Maybe it was because there wasn't as much trash and dishes as there usually was. Or maybe it was because I was really excited and nervous for this date I was taking Summer on. It had to be perfect or else she probably wouldn't talk to me.

I had an idea in my head of something I wanted to do, but I wasn't entirely set on it. However, that was the only idea I had come up with for our date, so I guess I would roll with it. Hopefully she doesn't find it lame or anything. That would be embarrassing. I should probably come up with a backup plan, but where would I take her? I know New York is full of a shit ton of places to go to and things to do, but it was like I was drawing a blank. This always fucking happens.

I made it back to my apartment just as Isabella was leaving. She wasn't even dressed in the clothes she wears for work. Actually, I think the clothes she had on were Xander's. At least, the shirt was definitely his.

"Mornin', Styles. How was kitchen duty?"

"Just fine. Aren't you supposed to be at the restaurant?" I asked as I grabbed a water bottle and a banana.

"Eh," she shrugged. "I had a late night."

I raised my brows before walking away and into my bedroom. I needed to take a shower and get dressed for this date.

Turning the shower on, I stripped down until I was stark naked and hopped in. The warm water always felt so soothing against my muscles. Especially after that workout with Ronnie yesterday. My body was sore afterwards, but today was worse. And I know that tomorrow will be dreadful. It's always the second day after that's the worst. It hurt to move my arms up and down or to the side. Cleaning the kitchen earlier was a disaster and quite a struggle. But I let the water run over my body for a while before I actually started to wash my hair.

I turned the shower off and wrapped a towel around my waist. Stepping out of the tub, I wiped the mirror of all the fog and steam so I could see myself. I really looked like shit. What the hell did Summer see in me? She was so clean-cut and innocent looking, and here I am with a shit ton of tattoos and barely any money to my name. I just really could not understand what she found so attractive in me. It was confusing yet ego-boosting at the same time.

I shook my head, feeling the wet curls slap across my forehead. I took a small towel and rubbed it all over my head to try and dry it as much as I could.

What do I even wear? It's hot as fuck outside, but I'm always much more comfortable in my black skinny jeans. I guess I'll just wear it and deal with the heat. I'll just make sure to carry a water bottle with me at all times.

I threw both of the towels I had onto my bed and walked to my dresser. Grabbing a pair of my boxer briefs, I pulled them up my legs and let the band snap against my hips. There was a knock on my door, so I opened it up to see Xander standing in front of me.

"Hey, bro," he greeted. He had nothing but a pair of basketball shorts on. I would think it was a little awkward, but I was only in my boxers so it couldn't be too awkward.

"Uh, hey."

"Isabella and I didn't bother you last night did we? I know she was being super fucking loud and all. I didn't hear anything from your room," he said. There was a tiny hint of embarrassment in his voice, but mostly it was filled with amusement.

Thank god I didn't hear them. That would've been so damn miserable to be listening to them fucking right next to my room. I'm actually quite surprised I didn't hear anything because Isabella is the loudest. I'm not even kidding. She's woken three of the neighbors before.