Thirty Two

a/n: hi another manip of summer/harry! (summary or hummer??) thank you so so so much for the one million reads!!

There are times when I realize that I've done something stupid, that I've done something without thinking. Like people always said, "think before you speak." In my case it was usually "think before you act." But nine times out of ten, I acted on impulse rather than thinking things through.

This was one of those times.

My fist hit Scott's jaw harder than I have ever hit someone before. Not that I've hit a bunch of people, but I've gotten into a fair share of fights in high school. Actually, I got into it with Xander once back in the twelfth grade. I won't say that he beat me up, but I got a few good punches in.

Before I knew what was happening, Scott lunged at me, causing me to stumble backwards. His fist hit me right in the cheek, and I could feel my skin throbbing in pain. That stupid smirk was plastered on his face as he stared down at me, and next thing I knew, I was throwing another punch. Of course that only led to him hitting me once again, but this time, he just kept hitting me. I was trying my best to push him off of me and defend myself, but he was a lot stronger than he looked.

Suddenly, someone grabbed the collar of my shirt and yanked me backwards, separating me from Scott. I turned my head to see Isabella with one of the most confused and annoyed facial expressions I've ever seen from her.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" She shouted at me over the music before she looked away.

I followed her gaze to see Xander dragging Scott away, holding him from going anywhere else.

"I-I don't, he was-"

"Why aren't you two on the dance floor?" Niall shouted as he suddenly appeared right next to me, giggling in his drunken state. He took one look at my face before I could see the expression on his face change. He caught sight of Scott and his eyes immediately widened in shock. "What the hell is he doing here? Who let him in?"

Slowly I was starting to realize I had gained the attention of almost everyone around me. I could feel everyone looking my way and whispering to the people beside them. Even with the loud music, I could hear people talking about Scott and me, and that's when I realized I did a really shitty thing. I was completely going to regret this.

"Holy shit!" Liam shouted, looking from us to Scott as he quickly ran up to us. "Fuck. We need to get him out of here before Zayn sees him. We do not need a repeat of what happened last time. Niall, come help me."

The two of them ran towards Xander, grabbing Scott by the arms and dragging him towards one of the back exits. Niall was stumbling as he tried keeping up with Liam, but eventually the three of them had disappeared into the crowd.

"Why are you always getting into fights?" Isabella questioned as she let go of my shirt, helping me straighten out the fabric.

"I didn't mean to. I-I just acted on impulse and-"

"What were you thinking?" Xander suddenly walked up to us, looking around at all the people who were staring.

I was about to answer him, but I was hearing my name being called. I recognized the voice to be Summer's, and I could see her trying to make her way through the crowd. Her face was etched with worry and confusion as she was staring over at me. The few people she was dancing with had stood where they were earlier, whispering to each other. Before I was able to respond to her calling, Isabella grabbed my hand and dragged me away.

"Harry, we need to get out of here right now."

"Wait! I need to talk to Summer!"

"Not right now. You just need to get out of here; you're drawing too much negative attention on yourself. This is a birthday party, it's supposed to be light and fun and stress-free."