Twenty Three

I stumbled backwards before I tripped over my own feet, sending myself falling onto the floor. My hand had cupped my cheek, feeling it throbbing and already starting to bruise. Zayn stepped into my apartment and angrily shut the door behind him.

"Whoa whoa whoa, who the fuck are you?" Xander firmly stated as he stared at Zayn.

Isabella came rushing over to my side, trying examine my cheek before helping me up. Shit, the dude looks like such a pretty boy, but he can throw one hell of a punch. My cheek felt like it was on fire from the contact of his fist. I was sure as shit glad that he did not knock out any teeth or something. Now that I probably would've just gone and hit him back. Although, I was so caught off guard by his actions and just his presence that I most likely wouldn't have responded right away. 

I waved my hand over at Xander as I sat up on the floor, "It's fine, I know him."

"He just fucking decked you in the face! How is that fine?" Isabella glared at Zayn as he just stood there with his arms folded over his chest. 

"He deserved it," he shrugged, staring right back at me.

I didn't even have the energy to get up off the floor. My body was sore, my head was pounding, my cheek was in pain. It was taking everything in me to not just lay on the ground and sleep. 

"You need ice," Xander stated before walking over to the freezer and grabbing an icepack. He handed it to Isabella as she wrapped it in one of the kitchen towels and placed it against my cheek.

"I told you I'd come after you if you hurt Summer," Zayn spoke, deciding to sit down at the kitchen table. 

There I was still sitting on the floor as he stared down at me. He looked pissed, and it was pretty intimidating to see him like that. I didn't know him well enough to know how he is when he's upset, so I was being extra cautious around him. For one because I just simply didn't want to make him even more upset than he was now, and two, I didn't want to get hit again.

"Hurt Summer? Um, hello? He's the one that's hurt," Isabella piped in. 

"And you don't think she's hurt, too?" He retorted. His voice was sharp and clearly annoyed with her. 

I needed to get her and Xander out of here so that Zayn and I could talk. There was going to be no way of actually having a conversation with him if Isabella was constantly going to put her two cents in, which she does a lot. She has this tendency to think that everyone's business is her business, and majority of the time, it can be annoying as fuck. 

Isabella helped me up off the floor as I walked to the table, taking a seat across from Zayn. Before she was about to sit down as well, I turned to her and pointed at Xander, "Can you two go to Duane Reade and pick up some stuff for my cheek?"

Xander seemed to take the hint as he nodded and walked away to put a shirt on. Isabella, on the other hand, didn't get it. She stared at me in irritation with her arms folded in front of her chest and her hip popped to the side.

"I'm not going anywhere, Harry. I don't trust him," she glared over at Zayn, but he just rolled his eyes.

"Isabella, just go."

"No! I'm not-"

"C'mon, princess," Xander interrupted as he took a hold of her bicep, pulling her towards the door. He looked over at me with a questioning expression, "Need anything specific? Candy, drinks, whatever?"

I shook my head and watched as the two of them left the apartment, finally creating some bit of silence. Now it was just Zayn and I sitting there at the table, and I didn't know where to start. He motioned towards the door after a few moments and shook his head.