Forty Six

a/n: double update whoop whoop! so i changed my mind on something & decided to write this short part in. this will be the ONLY chapter in summer's pov. the rest of the story goes back to harry's pov.

Summer's POV:

"Summer! Get in the damn water!" Cambria yelled, abruptly pulling me from my own little world of thoughts. "You are wasting a perfectly sunny day!"

I was sitting in the boat we rented, my back leaning against the seat cushions as I just stared off in space. My mind was all over the place, unable to focus on anything I was supposed to be doing. It's been like this ever since my parents decided to show up at my residence. All I have been able to think about is what they said and how they acted.

They were so unreasonably harsh towards Harry, and I kept replaying the scene in my head. The look of disgust and disapproval on their faces as Harry stood next to me, the way they spoke about him as if he wasn't in the same room, the way they acted as if they're better than him just because they have more money. I hated it.

This is how they've always been. They show respect towards people of the same or higher social status as them, they're kind to those that are within the same salary range, but they're rude and unkind to those that don't have as much money as them. I don't understand how they make it in a world where networking at their level requires them to be polite and actually be nice to other people. Because that's not who they are. They're inconsiderate, rude, manipulative, and superficial. 

It's honestly a mystery how I'm related to them because I don't have any of the same personality traits as them. 

At least, I hoped I didn't have anything in common.

"Summer, are you coming in?" Danielle, Liam's new interest, asked me. She and Liam hit it off really well on their date, so I decided to invite her on the trip. There's no harm in wanting to get to know her. Liam was totally smitten, and it made him happy when I said I wanted to meet her.

I guess I had drifted back into my own thoughts because she was staring at me, patiently waiting for an answer.

Shaking my head, I offered her a light smile, "Not right now. I'll be in in a little bit. I just want to soak up the sun for the moment."

She nodded her head before walking towards the stern, jumping into the water and swimming towards Cam. 

I was completely out of it. We were here on our girls' trip in Florida, and I couldn't even focus on enjoying the vacation. I was sitting on a boat in the ocean, looking out at the shoreline and admiring the view, yet the only thing I was really concerned with was Harry.

It felt like I hadn't talked to him in weeks, but it had only been a couple days. We left things on a bad note back in my apartment, and we haven't been able to talk about it since.

I knew how low his confidence was, I knew he never felt like he was worth my time, and I knew he was always worried about what other people thought of our relationship. For my parents to stand there in front of him and speak in such a way that supported all of his thoughts, I was angry. It broke my heart to see his reaction. I saw something in him shatter as he stood next to me, and when the elevator doors shut, I knew it was going to be a long road to piecing him back together.

I didn't care how long it would take or how frustrating it might be, I would be there to help him. He is too important for me to just brush off.

I love Harry, I really love him. So I'll do whatever it takes to build him back up.

"Hey," I jumped slightly at the voice that sounded so close to me. As I turned my head to the side, I saw Isabella sitting down on the cushioned seats, looking over at me with a concerned expression. "Are you alright? You've been awfully quiet."

"Yeah, I'm fine," I nodded and waved her off. Isabella being Isabella, she'll call me out on my crap, which is why I shook my head and continued to talk once she gave me one of her looks. "I'm just thinking about stuff. That's all."

"Stuff meaning Harry?"

"Maybe," I moved my legs and turned my body so that I was facing her. "Is he alright?"

"If by 'alright' you mean sulking in his room, acting like an idiot, and snapping at me every once in a while, then yeah he's alright," she forced a laugh, trying to lighten up the mood somehow.

I groaned as I leaned against the cushions, "I feel awful about this whole thing. I should be talking with him instead of sitting here on a boat. I haven't been able to reach him, and I feel so lost not having talked to him. And I don't even know how he's doing. God, I'm the one that's being a terrible girlfriend! I need to-"

"Hey! Shut up," Isabella interrupted my rambling as she tightly gripped onto my shoulders. She was trying to hold in her laughter as she watched me. "Don't feel bad. He's the one acting like an idiot. Nothing is your fault, you're not a terrible girlfriend."

"Is he mad at me?"

"No, of course not. Why would he be?"

I shrugged, "Well it's my parents that-"

"Exactly," she cut me off again. "It's your parents, not you. Harry's not mad; he's just upset. He doesn't know how to handle his feelings and deal with things in a reasonable manner, and he will take it out on everyone else or close himself off from the rest of the world. He might act upset with you, but he's really not."

"Are you sure about this? I feel like my parents have screwed things up for us, or at least that Harry thinks things are over because of them."

Isabella nodded her head and offered me a smile, "I am positive. No one has screwed things up ... except for maybe Harry because he's just an idiot in general. Just talk with him face to face. Before he does something stupid."

I let out a light laughter. The smile on my face was genuine, which was the first time in a few days. I always thought it might've been weird to be friends with Isabella since she and Harry used to be a little more than just friends. But those days of theirs was in the past, and she wasn't a bitch. I thought she would've been a little hostile towards me, or something of that nature, but she's been nothing but really friendly. I couldn't help but like her.

Plus, she tells things as it is. Unlike many of my friends that will tiptoe around my feelings, Isabella will not hold back how she feels. Sometimes, I just need someone to be straightforward with me, regardless of my own feelings. I need someone that is brutally honest. I think everyone needs someone like that. Thankfully there's Isabella. 

"You think he'll do something stupid?" I laughed.

"Oh I know he'll do something stupid," she smiled really big. "You two will be fine, I promise. He just needs to get his head screwed on straight. He'll come around."

She leaned over and gave me a quick hug before she stood up, fixing her swimsuit bottom. I felt a twinge of jealousy at how perfect her body was. Skinny waist, bigger boobs than mine, bigger butt. No wonder Harry had a thing with her. Why couldn't I have those things? 

Actually, I could if I wanted.

But no thanks. I think I'm good with myself.

"Anyways," Isabella flipped her hair over her shoulder. "I told Harry I wouldn't talk about this stuff on the trip. So remember what was said, but pretend this didn't happen."

I laughed as I nodded my head, "Alright."

She looked out to where Cam, Dani, and the rest of the girls were in the ocean before she turned towards me, "I bet I can cannonball better than you."