Forty

a/n: thank you very much to @BreakingTable5 for the amazing trailer!! it's so incredibly perfect and i'm obsessed! btw i made a xander/isabella manip up top ^

I woke up naturally around 6AM. My hair was all over my face, so it took me a few moments to move it out of the way and see my surroundings. I was lying in Summer's bed, the comforter fluffed up around me as my body was sunk into the mattress. Summer, herself, was curled up next to me with her arm draped over my chest.

My very first instinct was to smile at the sight. It wasn't like I hadn't woken up next to her before, because we had done this plenty of times on her couch or even my bed, but this was the first time I had woken up next to her after something like last night.

As the memories flooded back to me, I was unable to wipe the smile off my face. The way her hands felt all over my body, the way her breathing sounded as she felt my touch, and the vision of her in complete ecstasy from my doing. There was nothing that could compare to the incredible feeling I had afterwards. I hadn't experienced anything as intense as last night, and that made it all the more memorable.

I loved Summer, and she loved me. I didn't think I would be able to get over that fact.

When I had fully woken up, I realized that I needed to be at the kitchen soon. And as much as I would've killed to just stay here in bed with Summer and not do anything for the rest of the day, I had to get up and clean because that was my only source of income.

Slowly, I started shifting my body so that I wouldn't disturb Summer, but I accidentally bumped her on the head, which caused her to wake up.

"Oh fuck. Summer, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hit you," I apologized, frowning as I started to move hair out of her face.

She wrinkled her nose before rubbing her eyes awake, looking up at me, "It's okay. What time is it?"

"Around 6, I think."

"Are you going to the restaurant?"

"Unfortunately, yes. I'd love to stay here and lay with you, but I really can't."

"No, I understand," she inhaled a breath as she moved away, allowing me to get out of the bed. Her eyes were closed again as she cuddled up underneath the covers. "Tell Niall I said hi."

"I will," I smiled as I leaned down and kissed her on her forehead.

She had already fallen back asleep, and I wondered if she would even remember this in the morning. It was cute seeing her buried under the comforter and curled up with the pillow. Even asleep and with her hair all messed up she was beautiful. And I was still wondering how we got together.

Getting out of bed, I tip toed out of the room and gently shut the bedroom door after I made sure Summer was comfortably tucked in. I made my way down the hall and mini staircase in search of my shirt. Both my shirt and Summer's shirt had been tossed to the floor last night and were just lying near the couch. I picked mine up and dusted it off before I threw it on. It was a good thing I came in lazy clothes because I could wear them to clean the kitchen.

I was beginning to think I needed to keep a spare pair of clothes here for times like this when I'd stay over unexpectedly. She could keep some at my place as well since this tended to happen more often than not.

It didn't take me very long to get down to the lobby and out onto the city streets. The morning air was actually kind of cool, so it made for a nice walk down to the restaurant. By the time I had reached the place, Niall was just walking up, biting into some kind of breakfast bagel sandwich.

"Mornin'," he smiled as he spoke through a mouthful of food.

"Hey," I laughed, taking the keys from him and unlocking the door. "Enjoying your sandwich, I see?"