Twenty Six

"So what exactly are we looking for?" Xander asked as we walked into a shop down in SoHo.

"Clothes. Why else would we walk into a clothing store?" Isabella rolled her eyes at him as she walked over to one of the first racks. "This birthday party thing is going to be upscale, and I'm sure a lot of really trendy people will be there. We cannot walk in there looking like bums."

"I'm sorry, but where exactly am I getting the money to drop..." Xander held the tag of the nearest shirt and read the price, flashing it to us. "Almost two hundred dollars on a damn t-shirt?"

I sighed, looking out of the store windows, "We really don't need to be shopping for this. It's all a bit ridiculous."

"Shut up," Izzy flipped her hair over her shoulder as she continued to rummage through the rack. "You're just mad that I cut yours and Summer's lunch date shorter than you wanted so we could go shopping."

"You're fucking right I'm not happy about that."

"Well get over it. Your girlfriend is having a huge birthday party, and you need to look your best," she rolled her eyes again before walking towards the front of the store. "The three of us need to look amazing."

"I'll just wear whatever clothes I've got," Xander shrugged, looking from Isabella to me.

I nodded my head in agreement, "Yeah me, too."

"No! You guys can't go into a party like that dressed in your old ratty clothes!" I could see the frustration in Izzy's eyes as she stared back at us.

This conversation, or argument whatever, was going to go nowhere if Xander and I continued to turn down everything she was saying. He looked at me and started laughing before he shook his head.

"Okay fine. We'll get new clothes, but we have to go into a shop that we can actually afford."

"Thank you!" She glanced at me and crossed her arms, "Same goes for you. We'll go somewhere cheaper if you buy new shit."

"Fine. Whatever you say, mother," I sighed as she hit me in the arm and walked out of the store.

We all walked down the street looking for another shop to go into, which of course led to a lot of arguing with Isabella on what stores we'd actually be able to buy something at. She never wanted to listen to anything I had to say, but of course she sat there and listened to Xander. If he said 'no' to a store, she huffed and continued walking, but if it was me to say 'no,' she'd tell me to stop complaining. She's so confusing sometimes. The fact that she's so unpredictable for a majority of things is what makes her sometimes really frustrating. 

When we'd actually get into a shop, it was mostly her telling us what we should try on and what kind of clothes we should be looking for. She was getting so damn bossy, I almost just wanted to walk out and go back to the apartment. She'd have an absolute fit if I did that. 

I spent most of the shopping day texting back and forth with Summer. We were together at lunch before Isabella so kindly made me think there was some kind of emergency back at the apartment, which ended up being an 'emergency' shopping trip. I guess you could say I was more than annoyed with her. But Summer was keeping me entertained, telling me all about these frustrations she was having with the party planning and how she wanted to just put all of the responsibilities on someone else. Which, I guess she could actually do because it wasn't even her idea for the party, it was Cambria's. But then again, if she wants the party to go as she'd like, I suppose it's best that she be in charge of everything. I wanted to help out, but of course I don't know shit about prepping for parties. So I'd be of zero help to her situation.