Twenty Eight

"One for you," Niall handed me a beer, and I cautiously took it, a little paranoid that some security person would ask me for I.D. "One for you, one for you, and two for me!"

"Hey! Give me mine!" Louis shouted, reaching for the plastic cup of beer in Niall's hand.

Niall attempted to pull away from him so that he was unable to grab the drink, but instead, led to half of the drink spilling on the floor. The two of them nervously looked over at Liam who gave them a mini scolding before he ordered another beer. Niall chugged the rest of the drink that was in the cup as he still held onto the one that was completely filled. I just stood to the side with Zayn, watching everything happen.

After all of us had gotten a drink, we followed Liam to whichever section we were seated in. I kept staring at everything and everyone around me. Like I had said before, this was my first baseball game, so I was taking in everything I could. 

There were so many people here, half of them already drunk and the game hadn't even started yet. There were loads of concession stands and overly priced food and long lines of people waiting to order something. Everywhere I looked there was always a security guard or some employee making sure nothing was going on out of the ordinary. People were loud and obnoxious and running around or yelling at their friends. And despite all the ridiculousness, the atmosphere was crazy. I could feel the energy flowing throughout the whole stadium.

As we made it to our section, I followed right behind Liam, making our way down the steps to our row. The further we walked, the more I was starting to realize that our seats were extremely close. I was reminded of when Summer told me that the seats would be 'right up in the players' faces.' I didn't know that meant we would be in the second row.

We sat down in our chairs, and I was in awe of how close we were. Our seats were second row behind what Liam said is the home plate. I almost felt as if I could reach out and touch one of the players. Obviously I wasn't going to do that.

I sat in between Liam and Niall, which was as opposite as you could get with two people. There was Liam who was patiently waiting for the game to start and reading all the stats from the brochure some people at the front handed us, and then there was Niall who was loudly laughing and trying to tell me about stories from previous games they went to.

I kind of just sat there drinking my beer as I watched all the people on the field. There were the Mets players throwing the ball around and others who were stretching with some people. The stadium was filling up quickly, leaving almost no empty seats except for a few around us. Even up in the nosebleed sections there were very few seats open. 

As I sat there and soaked in everything around me, I started wondering why I never came to a game before now. I've lived in New York basically my whole life, and not once have I come to a baseball game. I'm pretty sure tickets couldn't be that expensive, so I don't know why I never thought to come to one. I had a feeling Xander would enjoy coming to a game, so I made a mental note of bringing it up to him. 

Soon enough, the game started and people were cheering all around us. I didn't really know exactly what the hell was going on, but I did as Summer said and cheered with Liam cheered. Niall and Louis were doing the same thing of cheering only when Liam did, except they were much louder. A few times the two of them tried starting the wave to go around the whole stadium, but of course it was a fail.

"So how's it so far?" Zayn asked, moving over to Liam's seat as he had gotten up to go to the concessions. 

I looked over at him and smiled, "It's fun. Better than I expected."

"It's quite interesting when you're sitting next to those two," he laughed, pointing at Niall and Louis.

"This could be true," I chuckled, taking one last sip of my beer. "But I don't know it any other way, so it's just normal."