Fifty Five

a/n: ^^ summary manip! i made an instagram account for myself ... i felt like i needed to have one now haha. so if you'd like to follow me it's @aquarliamxx :)

I held the two bouquets in my hand as I walked up to Summer's building. The entire walk over, I held them carefully and made sure I didn't accidentally bump them into someone or something. I couldn't show up with a tattered bouquet of flowers. 

They were only small bouquets because that was all I could really afford at the moment. But even though they were small, I hoped the flowers held enough meaning in them to make up for size.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I wanted to put in each bouquet. For Summer, I kept it very simple: a few red roses, a couple red tulips, and a few purple tulips in the center of the bouquet. According to the florist, the red roses and red tulips symbolized passion and love, while purple tulips symbolized royalty.

I'm sure it was more along the lines of a royal family or something, but Summer was royalty to me.

For Marilyn's bouquet, I spent far too much time figuring out what the hell I wanted to put in there. The florist almost kicked me out for taking too damn long to decide. I went with a few purple tulips, some yellow tulips, and a few white asters. Again with the royalty for purple flowers, yellow supposedly symbolized cheerful thoughts, and the asters were meant to symbolize patience and good luck.

I hoped the florist didn't lie to me about all these flower meanings. That would be a total disaster if I found out I gave flowers that symbolized death and doom.

Maybe I put far too much thought into this whole thing.

It doesn't hurt, I suppose.

"Good evening, Harry," Albert greeted me as he opened the building door. He looked from the several flowers in my hands up to my face and smiled. "Special occasion?"

"Summer and I are going to dinner with Robert and Marilyn. I'm hoping to start it off on a good note," I held the bouquets slightly forward and turned them side to side, examining them a little more. "Do they look alright?"

"They look great. Very nice choices," he smiled as he leaned down to look at the flowers. He pulled back and started to motion towards the elevator. "Shall I send you on your way?"

I nodded my head and thanked him as I stepped into the elevator car and was on my way up to the penthouse. The ride went by fairly quick, and I was wondering if either I hadn't been paying attention or that I was getting really used to this ride.

The doors opened up to the hallway, and I stepped out, walking down until I reached the living room. I didn't have to call out for Summer because as I stepped into the room, she was carefully walking down her set of stairs. She spotted me standing there, her eyes growing slightly bigger in size as she noticed the flowers.

"What's with these?" She asked as she adjusted her heels before walking over to me.

"Well, these ones are for you," I smiled, handing her the bouquet in my right hand. "I just thought I'd do something nice for you and your mom. Guys usually buy their date flowers when they go to dinner, right?"

Summer lightly laughed as she held the bouquet up to her nose, smelling the scents from all the flowers, "That's so sweet. You really didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to."

She smiled and leaned forward to give me a kiss, laughing as she realized some of her red lipstick left a mark, "I'm going to go put these in a vase before we go."

I watched as she walked towards the kitchen, her dark hair swaying side to side as she moved. There were cabinets being opened and closed, and I heard water running from the sink. Just a few moments later, Summer appeared from the kitchen with a vase, the bouquet of flowers now sitting in water. She set them on the table next to the couch and paused for a few seconds, seeming to admire the flowers.