Nine

The scent of cooking bacon had filled my nose. It smelled so delicious, and it was very tempting to get up out of bed and thank Xander for making food that I was going to definitely eat. I don't remember the last time I actually had a nicely made meal for breakfast. That would require me to get out of bed earlier than I usually do, so it's been a while.

Wait.

I wasn't in my bed.

My eyes shot open, immediately being blinded by the light that was shining through the big ass windows. I squinted at the sun and rubbed my eyes, trying to figure out where I was. And then it all came back to me. I fell asleep last night here in Summer's apartment. She fell asleep here, too. Wait, where is she?

"Ow! Shit!"

A loud clang came from the kitchen area, and I stood up immediately. I ran over towards the noise and didn't see anyone there. 

"Uh. Summer?"

"Down here."

I walked around the small island in the kitchen and saw her sitting on the floor, pans scattered around her. She was holding onto her foot as she looked up at me.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up? I didn't mean to."

I shook my head and crouched down next to her, "No no you didn't. Are you alright? What happened?"

"Um," she looked embarrassed as I helped her to stand up. "I was trying to grab a pan that was underneath all the rest of the pans, but I dropped them instead. And one landed on my foot. Not the greatest way to start the day."

She limped over to the stove that had bacon sizzling in a pan and flipped the pieces. I laughed as I bent down, picking up the kitchen appliances that were on the floor. I neatly stacked them together and set them in the cabinet, earning an amused looked from Summer.

Then something clicked.

"Oh, fuck!" I practically yelled.

Summer dropped the tongs she had in her hand and slightly jumped, alarmed at my outburst, "What? What's wrong?"

I ran a hand through my hair and pulled out my phone, walking out of the kitchen, "I was supposed to clean the kitchen this morning."

Leaving the room, I quickly punched in the numbers and waited for the line to pick up. I paced back and forth in front of the window, looking out at the city.

"Hey there, lover boy. What's crackalackin'?"

"Izzy, I completely forgot to get up this morning and clean the kitchen!"

She laughed on the other end, "I know, don't worry. I took care of it last night."

"What? Last night?" My panicked state was starting to die down a little bit.

"Yeah. You didn't come back to your apartment. I figured you were getting down and dirty with your new girl, so I called someone else and told them to clean it."

"You did?"

I was a bit surprised. I didn't know she would be so kind to do something like that. I know that she knows how I usually am when I stay out. She's witnessed it first hand. I had no idea that she would remember and call someone else to do my job.

Isabella laughed again at me, "Yes. Well actually, it was Xander's idea, so you should thank him. I thought about it, but I would've forgotten if he didn't say something."

So it wasn't technically her. There's that. 

"So what did you tell them about me not showing up?"