Sixty Seven

a/n: this manip ^^ is so old it was like one of the first ones i made but i never used it haha

Music filled the air inside the penthouse suite, bringing some form of happiness throughout. The feeling in the place had been a little dull and apprehensive. Based on how things between Robert and I went yesterday, Summer had been worried shit would hit the fan tonight. I was pretty worried as well, but I was also trying not to think about it. I was only going to drive myself crazy if I focused too much on what bad could happen.

I made my way down the hallway and down the stairs as the music grew louder. It was coming from the kitchen, so I followed the noise. Summer was standing in front of the stove, a piece of paper in one hand and a spatula in the other. She was humming along to the music, unaware of my presence until I was standing beside her.

My hands pulled the items from her grasp, setting them on the counter before I grabbed her. I spun her in a circle, earning a melody of surprised laughter as her black dress swayed with her movements. I gathered what I remembered of ballroom dancing and any kind of other dancing I had seen on TV as I started moving along with Summer around the room.

I held her in my arms, spun her out before spinning her back to me, dipped her downward, and leaned my forehead against hers. We were dancing and having fun and enjoying this little moment together. It was such a nice transition in moods from the anxiety filled room to the calm and relaxed feeling surrounding us.

After a few more spins under my arms, watching as Summer's dark hair whipped around her head, I brought her in towards me. My one hand was rested at her waist as my other hand was placed behind her neck. The small gap between us had disappeared as I pressed my lips to her soft pink ones. Summer's arms wrapped around my body, pulling me closer as if we weren't close enough.

We were so wrapped up in each other, in the mood, in the timing, in the kiss. Everything seemed perfect, like we were the only two people in the world.

Eventually, once we realized that we actually had things to get done, we reluctantly pulled away from each other. 

"Well that was fun," Summer smiled, fixing the little hair clip she had at the back of her head. "Where'd you learn to dance like that?"

"Niall, sort of," I shrugged, adjusting my shirt. I followed Summer into the kitchen area where she picked up that same sheet of paper. "What are you making?"

"I'm trying to make some kind of a pan fried chicken with a side salad and veggies," she sighed in defeat as she set the recipe down. "It's a lot more intimidating than I thought. I mean, I don't want to mess anything up because you know if it's not fully cooked someone will get sick. And if that someone is my mom, I don't know what'll happen to the baby and what's going to-"

"Babe, relax," I took the recipe from her hand and looked over the instructions. It didn't look too difficult, and I think it was doable for me to complete without Xander's help. "You worry too much about a lot of things. I'll help you out. You get the green healthy stuff prepared while I do the chicken, okay?"

Summer nodded her head, hesitant before she walked over to the fridge to grab some lettuce. I turned my attention back on the chicken recipe and tried my best to follow along with each step. If something went wrong, it was going to be all my fault, so I needed to make sure I didn't fuck it up.

If neither Summer nor I can really cook anything decent, I think it's imperative that we take cooking classes together. We are going to need it for future use. How are we going to survive in a place of our own when we can't cook anything besides scrambled eggs and pasta? We can't live off delivery food.

I mean, we can. But we shouldn't do that.

It took the two of us some time to get rolling on all the cooking. We were doing quite a decent job with it. The kitchen became a little messy, but nothing we couldn't get cleaned up before our parents arrived. Summer didn't trust me to make a dessert because of my lack of preference to use a timer, so she had gone out earlier in the day to buy a bunch of little bakery treats, which were currently sitting in the fridge.