Seventeen

"Styles, get up!" 

I felt something hit me in the face before I jolted awake. I opened my eyes, trying to adjust to my surroundings as I saw Isabella standing in front of me with a pillow.

"Your alarm has been going off for the past ten minutes. Shut it the fuck off."

"What alarm?"

"I don't know. Whatever one you have going off at this ungodly hour."

I pushed myself up on my elbows, wincing as I realized I was lying on the floor. Isabella had walked away from me and laid down on the couch. She lifted her legs over Xander's body, laying them inbetween him and the couch cushion.

Slowly I stood up, stretching my back as I walked towards the direction of my room. I guess I had left my phone in here last night, as it was sitting on my dresser, ringing like no end. I shut the alarm off, seeing it was 5am, and started putting some clothes on.

I don't even remember falling asleep last night. The last I remember, Isabella was changing the movie, Xander was grabbing some more of the Chinese food, and I was sitting on the floor with my back against the couch. Maybe I was just really tired. It seems completely plausible since I was out at the fashion show and then out to the bar with Zayn. I had gotten up early yesterday as well because my nerves were so high. Maybe that whole day yesterday was just exhausting for me. But today was another regular day for me, so I could at least get some rest.

With my sweatpants on and my converse laced up, I walked into the kitchen area. I had my gym bag slung over my shoulder since I felt the need to go visit Ronnie after cleaning. My nerves from yesterday were still residing in me now, and I think a workout could really help wipe them out. Both Xander and Isabella were passed out on the couch as I had grabbed a banana and a bottle of water. Quietly I stepped out of the apartment and down the hall before making my way onto the street.

It was drizzling outside, so I started walking a little bit faster. I wasn't aware that it was supposed to rain today, and I had a feeling it was just going to get worse as the day goes on. Thankfully at the moment it was only a little bit, and I could still walk around without an umbrella. I didn't have one anyways, so if it started to pour, I was SOL. 

Eventually I got to the restaurant, unlocking the doors to get in and locking them back up. It was so dark and eerie inside, especially since the sun wasn't out to shine a little bit of light into the place. It always took me a while to find the light switch in the dark like this, and by the time I did, I had already bumped into at least three tables. 

I got to work cleaning the kitchen. As some of the dishes were in the wash, I mopped the floors and swept the stairs. I had to have my music on while I worked, so as I walked around cleaning, I was singing along to every song that had come on my speakers. I used to have headphones to listen to my music, but I stopped using them after a while. The cord would always get caught on things, and I was never able to hear when everyone else started showing up. So now I just let it play from my phone. Sometimes I'll hook it up to the speakers that run throughout the restaurant, but that's only if I get here early enough to set it up.

I used to always wish I had someone else to help me clean this place. It'd take less time, and I wouldn't have to come as early to get it all done. Plus, it would be nice sometimes to have some company here. But after a while, I realized I liked doing all this on my own. It gave me time to just clear my head and relax. Sure, the actual duty of cleaning the kitchen isn't very relaxing, but after having done it for so long, it's almost become like a weird kind of safe haven. Like a place I can just come to when I'm stressed out or have a lot going on in my mind. I've come to notice that the more stressed I am about something, the better the cleaning is. I don't know how that works, but it does.