Thirty Five

a/n: so i finally got to listening to the 5sos album lol, and for some reason i think 'end up here' goes really well with this story. idk i just thought i'd share that with you haha. also i think i'm going to go with summary for the summer/harry ship name. it's different and i like it :)

"What exactly are we making?" My hand grabbed onto one of the apples on the stand, tossing it into the air and catching it before I placed it back down. I did this with a few more fruits before Summer took my hand and pulled me away from the stand.

"I don't know what it's called. I saw the recipe on Pinterest and-"

"What the hell is Pinterest?" I asked, cutting her off and giving her a confused look.

She shook her head at me as she pulled out her phone, "It's just this website where you can find a bunch of really cool things. Anyways," her voice trailed off as she was scrolling through some page. "I was thinking of stuffed pasta shells. Does that sound alright to you?"

"Yeah, that's fine with me. Just tell me what we need."

The two of us had been in The Food Emporium for quite some time. While Summer had a recipe set in mind, I was just aimlessly walking around and picking things up, sometimes losing sight of her. There was one moment I thought I lost her, and I was walking around the store in search of her. Turned out that she noticed I wasn't paying attention, so she hid from me and watched as I somewhat worriedly walked around. It wasn't until I heard giggling behind me that I turned around to see her quickly hide in one of the aisles.

We had been laughing and teasing each other while we made our way throughout the store. We hadn't even grabbed anything, just walked around laughing. Ocassionally I'd see someone staring at the two of us, pointing their fingers in our direction as a few people had made the connection with the magazines that were on display at the front.

I hated the fact that they just kept staring at us, particularly at me. I almost felt as if I was some kind of animal put on display for their own entertainment. And that is a shitty thing to feel.

It seemed as if Summer could read my mind about the things going on because every time I felt myself slipping into that state of being extremely self-conscious, she would reach her hand out to hold mine, giving me a light squeeze and flashing me an encouraging smile. That was really all I needed for me to brush off all the stares I was receiving and try to keep my head up high. If I kept my composure and head held high, I could make it seem as if all the stuff on my face and in the magazines didn't bother me one bit. I think eventually they won't bother me.

But I could prove to Summer and everyone else that I was strong. So I kept my head up and acted as if this was any other day of grocery shopping, ignoring all the people around us.

Summer had her phone out with the recipe, telling me the items we needed to make this dish. There were a lot more things we needed than I had been thinking. It was stupid of us to not have grabbed a cart or a basket or something when we first walked in. I was following Summer around the store with all the items in my arms. I insisted on carrying everything, so it wasn't as if she purposely didn't help.

We had checked out at the register, earning a few interested looks from the cashier. He kept trying to sneak glances back and forth from me to a magazine on the stand next to him. All I did was smile and wave as I surprised myself by grabbing the magazine and buying it.

I don't even know why I did that. I was only going to throw the thing away once I had gotten outside.

Summer and I made our way back to her hotel-apartment-home-whatever it's called. Albert was standing at the door, like he always did, smiling as he let us inside.