Forty Seven

a/n: hii don't forget it's back to harry's pov! also, opinions on the new cover? it's kind of plain lol

My body shot up from the mattress pad, my senses on high alert. It was probably 6AM now, and my body was completely exhausted. I felt tired, but I was wide awake as I heard the crunching of leaves under footsteps outside my tent.

I looked over at Xander and Niall who were completely oblivious to the noises, sleeping away under their sleeping bags. My heart started beating faster as I started to think of all the possibilities of who or what was outside.

It was the very last night camping, was I going to die now? Were there bears or other wild animals out there that were going to attack me? Are there even bears on Long Island? Fuck, I'm going to die, and I never even resolved these issues with Summer.

Suddenly, the zipper to the tent slowly moved upward, opening the entrance. I was about to shout out until I saw Zayn peek his head inside. I let out a huge sigh of relief as he stared back at me with an amused grin.

"You look like you've just seen a ghost. You alright there?" He quietly spoke, trying to hold in his laughter.

"I'm fine, just thought you were an animal or something."

He started laughing before he slipped into the tent, sitting down next to the sleeping Niall, "Liam and I are going to play a joke on Louis, wanna join? It'll be fun, and we haven't done any pranks this whole trip."

"What kind of joke?" I asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Well, we haven't quite decided on that yet," he shrugged. "Either we'll just scare him in the tent, or there's a trail that leads to where all the fishing is. Liam was thinking about dunking him in there."

"Why just Louis?"

"It's usually Louis and Niall, but seeing as Niall is in here and not sharing a tent with Louis, it's just easier to get one of them," he lightly patted Niall on the head, causing him to wake up. "Plus, Louis sleeps like a rock, so he won't wake up that quick."

"Zayn?" Niall groggily spoke, rubbing his eyes. He looked over at his friend, making sure he wasn't just seeing things. "What are you doing in here?"

"Rounding up troops to prank Louis. You in?"

Niall quickly sat up, still rubbing his eyes and shaking his head, "Yeah yeah I'm in! I'm never the one that does the pranks."

Zayn looked over at me and laughed, just as Liam stepped into the tent. His eyes held excitement and curiosity in them as he looked at us.

"Are you guys going to help or what?"

"I'm trying to get them awake," Zayn nodded.

Liam sat down in front of me, and suddenly I felt myself feeling really awkward with how many people were in this tent. There wasn't much room inside here, so we were beginning to get cramped.

Xander stirred in his sleep before he opened his eyes, pushing himself up on his elbows to see what was going on. His hair was a mess, and his eyes looked droopy from sleep. I could see him squinting and glancing back and forth between all of us with confusion in his eyes. He scrunched his nose and drew his brows together.

"You know, a little warning would be nice the next time you four decide to have an orgy in my tent."

"Oh shut up," I rolled my eyes, hearing a chuckle from Zayn. "We are apparently trying to put a prank together."

"Lovely, now could you go do that prank somewhere other than this tent? I'm trying to get some beauty sleep."

I shoved him to the side, knocking him off balance, "If I have to get up for this, so do you."