Fifteen

Zayn and I somehow made it over to where we were sitting for this fashion show. It took a while because we were bombarded with a bunch of people and so many cameras. Zayn was a pro at this. He just sat there and gave this kind of smolder look at all the cameras and effortlessly talked with all the people around him.

I, on the other hand, had no idea what the fuck I was doing. I tried mimicking Zayn with the look he was making, but I'm sure I just looked like an idiot. When people would come up and talk to me, I'd stumble over my words and draw a complete blank. They didn't ask me the same things they asked Zayn, for reasons that seemed pretty obvious to me. I was only asked things about how I knew Summer and what I was wearing. Quite an odd thing to ask, if I were to say so. Why would the articles of clothing I chose to wear be of any importance? I am glad I wore these fancy clothes because I'm sure if I had worn anything from my closet, they'd be giving me some weird type of look.

I had followed Zayn down one way and into the main room that had the stage down the center. There was a huge catwalk that stretched to the far end of the room, making it look pretty dreadful to walk down. We sat in the front row, just at the middle of the catwalk. At first I had thought maybe we were in the wrong spot because only important and famous people sit front row, but apparently we were in that category of attendees. 

Slowly the room started to become more and more crowded as the seats filled up, and soon there weren't any open spots. It was pretty amazing how many people they could fit in a room like this. There were a lot of people I had seen before but couldn't place a name to, lots and lots of camera men, lights were flashing everywhere, and music was playing rather loudly.

Zayn turned to me, looking down at his watch, "So after this thing, you busy?"

"Uh, I don't know. Not sure if Summer wants to do something."

He briefly chuckled before shaking his head, "She'll be out with Cam having a girls night or something. They do it all the time after these."

"Oh." I felt like I should've known this or have been told from Summer but obviously not. I was beginning to think there were a lot of things she didn't tell me. "Well, in that case, I'm free."

"Awesome. You and I will hit up some bars. I'm not taking 'no' for an answer."

"Alright, sounds good to me."

"You 21?"

"No."

"Okay, well I know people who will let you in."

The lights dimmed at that moment, and the entire room almost fell silent. A spotlight shone on the stage as a man stepped out with a mic. I assumed he was the host of the event or something because, I don't know, he just seemed like it.

He greeted everyone and introduced us all to whoever's clothing line this was. He said a few other things, but I wasn't really paying attention. I kept glancing around and catching the eyes of random people. I felt like there were several pairs of eyes on me while everything was going on, and it was kind of distracting.

Eventually different music started playing and the first model walked out. I have no idea what kind of designer this was, but the clothes these models were wearing were just odd. Maybe it's what's in style now and I just am oblivious to it all, but it was weird. I'm not sure I'd ever actually see someone wearing these out and about. Who even thinks of these kind of things?

I saw Cambria walk out onto the stage, and Zayn's eyes were trained on her. She kept her vision straight ahead as she strutted down the catwalk, head held high and shoulders back. Her blonde hair was curled all over the place in this messy style. It didn't look bad at all, but it was an unusual sight.