Epilogue

a/n: ^^ puppyyyyy

"We need to leave!" I shouted, trying to resist our dog's attempts at getting me to pet him. "I cannot miss this!"

Our dog, Cooper, was growing older, and as a result, he was losing his hearing. We've had him since he was a tiny puppy, so it was a little sad to see him this way. I remembered the day I bought him, running around the city like a mad man because there were so many things I needed to pick up and so many tasks I needed to accomplish.

Coop was my aid in proposing to Summer when she graduated. That was the most chaotic but memorable day I have ever experienced in my life. I attended the graduation ceremony with everyone else and Summer's family, while I left Cooper back in the apartment, praying that he wouldn't get into any kind of trouble. It was, without a doubt, the worst idea I have ever had, to leave a two month old puppy in our apartment alone.

Unfortunately, my plans to surprise Summer with an engagement ring tied to the puppy's collar was completely crushed as we returned back to the apartment and were greeted with the most gut-wrenching smell of dog shit. It had taken me a few minutes to find the damn puppy, whom was asleep underneath the bed. My entire plan to propose to Summer failed, but she did say 'yes' to the proposal that came with an apology for the doggy mess.

It was a winning situation in the end. I got the ultimate result that I had wanted.

I always say that Cooper is our dog, but I like to think he's really mine. I mean, I give him the most attention out of all of us, and he always comes to sit with me on the couch. He definitely loves me the most.

"Harry, you just need to calm down," Summer appeared from our bedroom, her scarf and coat in hand. "You're going to give yourself a heart attack and then you'll really miss it."

"I can't calm down, this is urgent," I shook my head, pulling on a beanie and grabbing the smallest coat on the rack, "Lily! Come on, princess!"

In just a few short moments, our little girl came running out of her room, her dark brown hair knotted upon her head. She was wearing her costume dress of the latest Disney princess, and there were pink markings all over her face.

"Daddy, I did my own makeup!" She squealed as the grin on her face was from ear to ear.

"Oh my goodness, you look beautiful!" I smiled back at her, hearing that wonderful laugh of hers. Five was definitely my favorite age of hers so far. "Well c'mon, get your jacket on. It's freezing outside." But before I helped her into the coat, I stopped and pointed at her. "Where'd you get that?"

Lily looked down at the nametag she seemed to pin on herself, smiling widely, "I found it in Mommy's jewelry box."

"What were you doing in there?" Summer laughed, shaking her head as she buttoned up her coat.

"I wanted a necklace. Princesses wear necklaces."

"Nametags aren't necklaces," I chuckled. I hadn't seen that thing since I gave it to Summer on her twentieth birthday. Honestly, I thought it got lost over the years and she hadn't bothered to tell me. But there it was, the 'Summer' nametag pinned on our daughter's dress, some of the rose gold paint chipped off.

Lily crossed her arms over her chest and pouted her bottom lip, "They can be necklaces if I want them to be."

"You're right, you're right," I nodded my head and held up her coat. "Now put this on before you turn into a popsicle."

Lily slipped her arms through the sleeves as I helped her zip up the coat. With the jacket over her dress, it almost looked as if she was wearing a tutu, and I couldn't help but smile at her.