Fifty Three

a/n: bruh get yo heads outta the gutter, they went to get ice cream lol. ^^ manip of summary being weirdos :)

"Okay so what have you been up to in the past week?" I asked Summer as we walked down Fifth Avenue. 

It was starting to get dark outside now that it was the evening, and the sidewalks weren't as crowded as they usually were. I was starting to get used to the people that stared at us or tried to sneak pictures on their phones or did double takes. It was still weird to deal with, I felt like some kind of animal put on display, but it was slowly becoming something I was able to ignore. 

I just started comparing it to those people that do reality television. They all get used to the cameras filming their every move, eventually ignoring them and acting as if they didn't exist. If I could just pretend I was in that kind of a situation, maybe that would help me to get over it faster.

The more I thought about it, the more I acknowledged that I was doing nothing but making myself look like an idiot if I kept worrying about these other people. I'd freak out over something and then this whole cycle of everyone telling me to ignore it would start over again. But I was done with the cycle. No more of it.

We had even passed one of those magazine stands, and immediately I had spotted us on the front cover of one. It was saying something about that charity event, but I just shook my head and kept walking. There was no use in worrying so much about it. Things were resolved with that issue, and I'm pretty sure whatever was written in that magazine was seventy-eight percent false.

After Summer's parents had left her place, the two of us went out for ice cream, which seemed to become something we did quite often, and now we were here on Fifth Avenue. I wasn't entirely sure where we were going, but I could make a good guess that we'd end up at Central Park.

"I went out looking for apartments," Summer answered, lightly squeezing my hand.

"Oh," I wasn't expecting her to do that, but I guess she really was intent on getting out of that building. "Did you find anything?"

She shook her head as she looked over at some of the buildings around us, "Nothing that stuck out to me. I looked in that building and this one over here. I think I want to check out ones that overlook the park."

"What kind of a place are you looking for?"

"I'm not entirely sure but definitely something much smaller than what I'm in now. Maybe like the size of your place. Two bedrooms and a nice kitchen, that's my main concern," she smiled as we reached the edge of the park, looking up at me. "Do you want to come with me the next time I go?"

"Um," I wasn't expecting her to ask me to go with her. I thought she would just go out and buy a place on her own. But then again, she did ask if I wanted to move in with her, so maybe she wanted to include me in this decision. "Yeah, sure. I'll go."

"Great," she smiled, looking out at the park.

I think she wanted to ask me if I had talked to Xander about moving out, but I'm sure she didn't want to sound pushy. As we walked down the sidewalk at the edge of the park, I brought the topic up myself.

"So I thought about what you asked me about moving in with you. I didn't talk to Xander yet, but I did talk to Isabella. She probably already brought it up to him anyways," I started, seeing the hopeful look on her face. "And I think everything will work out in my apartment when I move in with you. That is, if the offer still stands."

Summer's smile lit up her face as she laughed, "Of course the offer still stands. So you'll live with me?"

"I would fucking love to live with you."