Twenty Five

"Harry, if you keep that up, I'll kick you out," Summer called from the kitchen area.

I was sitting on her couch with the television remote in one hand as I flipped through every single channel, and in my other hand was another bag of frozen fruit pressed against my face. I'm not sure how long I had been over at her place, but it had to have been at least two hours by now. 

After all the apologies and reintroductions, Summer and I had been sitting in the kitchen just talking with each other. She was telling me all about herself, things that I had been unaware of, such as the reason for that photoshoot and fashion show, how she met Zayn and the rest of those guys, and just a bunch of other things that dealt with her being who she is. It was a lot to take in because of how casually she would talk about things, like randomly flying out to the Hawaiian islands because she can. Her lifestyle is just so different from mine, they're on two opposite ends of the spectrum. There's me, who has a difficulty in paying for rent every month, versus Summer, who can pick up and fly over to Italy if she wants authentic Italian pizza. That's a huge gap in differences between us, which will take so much getting used to.

But anyways, we've been talking about things like that and just hanging around her apartment. She was still pretty adamant about keeping the blueberries on my cheek, and the only time she was okay with me not icing it was when the fruit had to go back into the freezer after it thawed out completely. 

"I'm not doing anything wrong," I shouted back to her so she could hear me.

Summer suddenly appeared behind me, her hands on my shoulders as she leaned to the side to give me a kiss on my uninjured cheek, "Can't you just settle on one channel and keep it there for more than three seconds?"

"I'm just trying to find something worth watching."

She walked around the couch and sat down next to me, bringing her knees to her chest, "How about you use the guide rather than flipping channels."

"What channel is the tv guide on?"

"There's no channel, you press the button that says 'guide,'" she pointed at one of the buttons on the center of the remote.

"Oh, I didn't see that."

She shook her head at me as she started to laugh. It took me a while to figure out something to watch that the both of us agreed on. Summer was trying to persuade me to watch some kind of real housewives of whatever city or any other kind of reality tv show, which I hate, and I was trying to convince her to watch whatever movie was on FX. We bickered with each other, she was hitting me with the pillows on the couch while I would try and tickle her on her sides. It really just turned into a laughing fit between us before it became this thing of peppering each other with kisses. 

We were ridiculous together. We were probably like that annoying couple you see at restaurants that sit on the same side of the booth or the people who never stop talking about their boyfriend or girlfriend. Like the people who say, "oh my boyfriend did this for me" or "my girlfriend is the best," but they do that twenty times a day? Yeah, that's probably how annoying we are. 

I couldn't help it that she made me feel so giddy inside, and I just wanted to be around her every minute of the day. Thank god all of this shit between us had blown over because I missed this interaction with her. Now that we had cleared the air, it almost felt as if nothing of the past few days had happened. We were right back to where we had seemingly left off, just being goofy around each other and enjoying our time.

"So," Summer started, looking away from the tv and at me. "Liam told me you're going with them to the Mets game."

"Oh, yeah. He asked me the other day."