Seventy One

a/n: wahhh last chapter D':

As the sky grew darker, the city lights grew brighter. Looking out of the massive window of my apartment, I admired the view of the city and Central Park. It was calming and fascinating and something I found that I loved to do every night. I could see the people down below on the ground, walking around and minding their own business. They were unaware of me watching them from forty-plus stories high, which, as I thought about it, was kind of creepy.

I turned away from the glass window and looked back at the kitchen, seeing my beautiful girlfriend at the counter. Her vision was fixed on the plates in front of her, glancing back and forth between the foods and trying to figure out how she wanted to arrange all of it. It was kind of funny to watch her, to see her contemplating how she wanted to put everything on display, to see her trying to figure out what would look better to our future guests.

Suddenly her head lifted up, our eyes meeting as a smile made its way onto her lips, "You okay there?"

"Yeah," I laughed, shaking my head and walking over towards her. I wrapped my arms around her small waist in a hug as she lightly placed her palms flat against my chest. "I just love you."

"Oh and I love you," she giggled, tilting her head up in an act for me to kiss her. I happily obliged as our lips pressed together. Once I pulled away from her, she laughed before lifting her thumb up to wipe her lipstick off my face. "Everyone should be coming over in a few minutes. Can you help me get these ready?"

"Of course I can," I smiled, giving her one last kiss and grabbing a bowl.

I had no idea how these housewarming party things went. I guess people just come over and hang out in our new place? They check out everything like an open house while we provide food for them? It's so odd. Like, "Hey, I'll give you food if you come over to my new apartment and make conversation with other people here." Weird.

I actually went out with Isabella to a cyber cafe, trying to google how housewarming parties work. Summer had been out with Louis and Zayn, something that had to do with helping them with an idea for T&M, and Xander was out for 'work'. Somehow I found myself back at my old apartment, knocking on the door until Isabella answered.

So the two of us made our way to some cyber cafe and sat on a computer for a few hours. There was a lot more to throwing a housewarming party than I thought. Depending on which part of our new place we wanted to showcase, the party was supposed to be different. Thankfully we only had an apartment, rather than a house, so we didn't have to worry about doing a backyard barbeque. All of this just seemed so tedious.

I still had no idea if we were supposed to provide snack-types of food or an actual meal. One website recommended a cocktail hour kind of thing, another said it should be a formal dinner, and another suggested a casual buffet style. Neither Isabella nor myself knew what would've been best, and I had no idea what Summer was thinking.

All of this party-throwing stuff was a foreign subject to me. I didn't throw parties, I just attended them if there was free alcohol. So I left all the party planning to Summer, only doing what she asked me. It seemed to work out better that way.

Summer had settled on having a bunch of food to keep options open to everyone, even though there were less than twenty people coming over. She sent me out to the bakery to pick up a bunch of desserts while she went out to some restaurant to get the food, and I had to pick up a couple drink options as well. It felt like we were running all over the city today, just to prepare for this thing.

My back pocket started vibrating as I placed a couple of plates on the table, helping Summer set everything up. I pulled out my phone and stared at it, reading the text message on the bright screen.