Chapter 11- Out of all things, tampon brands.

"That is so cute! You almost kissed! Don't you think, Max?" Emma asked Max, pulling on his arm as he was driving. Max had offered to drop us both home, and in the car with Emma and her boyfriend, it just blurted out, the kiss that Harper and I almost shared.

"I have to say," Max began, looking at me through the front mirror. "It is a bit weird that Harper almost kissed a girl, like properly kissed a girl with emotions and stuff, not making out and trying to get her in bed type," he said, smirking slightly. "And even offered to protect you. Nope, Harper doesn't do those sorts of things." Max's smirk grew bigger. "You must really be special to him."

I blushed at that comment, smiling shyly. Emma gave me a knowing smile and squealed. "Wait, Noelle, do you like Harper?"

"No, of course not," I stuttered, startled by the question. At my words, I felt a nagging sense of regret, unwinding my brain. I flushed, fiddling with the ends of my hair. Emma grinned at my nervous reaction. "Of course you do! You are blushing so hard right now," she winked and Max chuckled. "I ship it," she said in a sing song voice as she turned to face the front of the car again, a triumphant smile on her face, while I still sat there, shocked. Did I like Harper?

Of course you do. You always feel nervous when he is around, you get butterflies in your stomach, you blush like you are a freaking tomato. Oh, and you almost willingly kissed him. There's that too.

No. I can't like Harper Andrews.

Ah, but you do, idiot.

I pushed the thoughts out of my brain. "Okay, as your best friend, it is my job to get you two together." Emma began. "Alright now, first we have to make him admit his feelings. Then you kiss and start dating. Then we go shopping for lingerie- "

"Shut up!" I shrieked, covering my ears and curling up on the back seat. Max had flushed red at Emma's mention of lingerie. Oh gods, Emma. "Emma, we are not shopping for lingerie! I don't like Harper, and he doesn't like me!" I cried out, frustrated. She seemed unfazed.

"Sure, Noelle, but right now, you are in major denial, idiot," she said, smiling triumphantly and facing forwards. I groaned and buried my face in my hands, sighing in annoyance, staying that way till Max reached my house.

I don't like Harper Andrews, I chanted to myself. My mind wouldn't believe it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"This, Andrews," I announced, gesturing to the large shelves of books. "Is the library. It is the great land of books, books, books- "

"Yes, I get it, Noelle," he said smirking slightly. "I have been to a library before." I blushed and turned away, suddenly feeling very awkward. I had persuaded Harper to come with me to the library, since we both had the same free period, so we could work on our project. Just one foot in and I had already made a fool of myself. "Sorry," I mumbled, looking to the ground.

I heard a loud sigh and then suddenly someone's arms were closing around me, pulling me to their hard chest. I inhaled slightly, sniffing at their lemongrass scent. My body felt like it was on fire, touching his body, every part of me bursting into flames as he pressed me against himself, my head resting on his chest. I hadn't forgotten about yesterday lunch time yet. "I'm sorry, baby doll," he said, his breath tickling my ear. "Too soon."

My insides still a nervous mess, I smiled against Harper's fitted black t-shirt and reluctantly pushed myself away from him. His face was contorted into an expression of worry. "It's fine," I said cheerfully, watching his face return back to normal, a smile etching into his features. "Thank god," I heard him mumble under his breath. I smiled and continued to walk down the aisles, feeling Harper's eyes on me. "Come on, let's go find a beanbag to work on," I said, turning the corner. "Work?" Harper questioned, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively and smirking. I groaned and turned away.