Chapter 23- Finally! A fanboy!

Dedicated to: @lauracbbastos

"What are you doing?" I demanded, still standing next to Harper, while looking down at our families who were groaning and picking themselves up from the grass. "Were you spying on us?" I gasped, mortified. "Oh my gods, you were!"

My mom put her hand on her hip, attempting to stand up straight and pretend it didn't look like a bird made a nest in her hair. "I- I'll ask the questions around here, young lady," she continued, trying to sound strict. "What are you doing at a boy's house?"

I blushed, fumbling with the edge of my sweater. "I was just checking on Harper."

Maggie's eyes widened as her gaze flickered to Harper, finally taking in his battered and bruised appearance.

"Oh my lord! Harper, honey, what happened?" She rushed to Harper, cupping his face.

"It's nothing, Mom. It's fine." He squirmed in her grasp. I giggled and Harper glared at me.

"Did you get into another fight?" She gasped. "Harper, I thought that would stop once we moved- "

"Mom, I told you, it's fine." He pushed further. She sighed.

"You're telling me later." She huffed, pulling away.

"Yes, Mom," Harper teased mockingly. I giggled again, and this time Harper shot me a look of approval. I smiled at him.

"Awww," My mom sighed. "Young love."

I blushed again, redder this time. "We're not in love!" I protested.

"I don't know about that, baby doll, after I'm done with you, you might have to reconsider that." Harper smirked, leaning back on his car, still shirtless.

"Shut up, Andrews. You know that's not true." I stammered.

Why was he flirting with me in front of our parents?

Why is he flirting with me at all?

"Oh my god, he calls her baby doll," Mom sighed, flapping her hands around. "That's so cute!"

I groaned, before pulling myself away from Harper's car. "That's it, I'm leaving." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

Mom, Maggie, Lana and Jenna groaned in unison, turning around to the front of the house, leaving the backyard, as if because Harper and I were not going to be together it would be no fun.

I giggled, before following them to go back to my house. Before I could take more than two steps, Harper grabbed my arm.

"Wait."

I turned back to him and sighed. "What?"

He grinned. "I'm going out in ten minutes with some of my old friends. You want to come?"

I smirked, putting my hands on my hips. "No."

He jolted in surprise. "What?"

"You heard me. No."

"Why not?"

"How far are you in Harry Potter?"

Harper blushed a little. "I haven't read it since you gave it to me." He stuttered.

My smirk grew wider, as I imagined Harper on his bed, furiously reading Harry Potter. "Are you lying?" I teased.

"No!" Harper answered quickly.

"LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON- "

Harper quickly clamped his hand over my mouth. "Shut up!" he hissed. "Fine, I'm on the sixth book!"