Chapter 43- If looks could kill, she'd be stabbed and tossed to the Grievers.

Dedicated to: Lavish-ing (for the first ever trailer for FTF!!! As seen above :) )

As soon as I nodded, letting the weight of my action sink in, along with Joshua's evident grin, a deafening screeching noise filled the air.

My head snapped to the side.

Harper didn't even bother to pick up the chair as he abruptly stood, letting it clatter to the ground in a ruckus. I watched in horror as he stood, not even remembering to take his jacket on the back of his seat- and took off, storming out of the classroom, eyes hard with anger.

The door slammed behind him, shattering the suffocating atmosphere.

All eyes in turn pivoted to look at me. Whether it be stares, glares, or even the uncommon 'whatever' look from Brandon Gonzalez, it all made me extremely uncomfortable. I was still getting the weird stares or harsh remarks concerning my social anxiety that Amanda had blurted out to the school- which I tried to ignore- and this added attention because Harper Andrews acted in a strange manner because of me, and that there is a new couple in school, because of me.

Everything was my fault, wasn't it?

I was interrupted by someone taking my hand in theirs reassuringly. I looked up to see Joshua looking down at me, a grin wide on his face. I was almost going to pull my hand away, but I remembered. We were dating now. I had to do this.

A loud cough sounded from the front of the room and the whole class, who I hadn't noticed was staring at us until that moment, turned in the direction of the noise, only to see the teacher standing there awkwardly.

"Um, okay, class," they continued. "Congratulations Ms Richards and Mr Lloyd, but I will have to continue now."

All through the class, Joshua held my hand, and not once did the smile disappear from his face. But me? I was a wreck from the inside. I felt uneasy being this close to Joshua, I was so, so, worried about our future as a couple and what other people would think, I didn't know if I regretted it because it was like I was throwing my childhood behind, and I couldn't stop glancing towards the door, praying that Harper would come back.

As soon as a few classes were done, I began to head towards the cafeteria. Whispers and stares followed me around, gossiping about Amanda's announcement, or news of my new relationship.

Why is only my relationship such a big deal?

Oh, that's right. Because you're the nerd who no one likes.

Of course it's surprising.

As soon as I stepped into the cafeteria, I was bombarded by Emma and Laura, rushing towards me.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!" Laura shouted, grabbing hold of my shoulders and shaking me back and forth violently.

"Laura... " Emma said warningly from beside her.

"I MEAN, JOSHUA? REALLY?" Laura demanded again, not ceasing from shaking me. I tried to open my mouth to speak, but closed it quickly for the sake of not biting my tongue.

"Laura." Emma tried to pry her hands off of me.

"OUT OF ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD- JOSHUA? THIS IS FUCKING RIDICUL- "

"Laura!" Emma finally yelled, managing to pull her hands off me. Then, lowering her voice, she hissed, "We're in public!"

I glanced around the room, and sure enough, most people were giving us weird looks. I blushed and pulled them  through the cafeteria and out the doors into the football field. As soon as we were out of ear-shot, they both turned on me.