Chapter 36- Gorgeous friends of my first loves happen to turn me into Yoda.

Dedicated to: idk... I still haven't found a Harper who's really Harper... but thank you all! Let's keep him imaginary for now, yeah?

"He did what?" Emma asked incredulously.

I slammed my locker door shut. "You heard me. Getting all cosy with Bethany." I practically spat.

Max gave me a sad look. "I'm really sorry, Noelle." I smiled feebly at him and reached up to hug him.

"It's not you fault. Don't worry about it." I reassured him. He shook his head frantically.

"No, it is. He's my best friend- I should have tried to take him away from Bethany and- " He rambled. Emma kissed him quickly, cutting him off. "She said it was fine, didn't she?" Emma said softly.

Oh my gods they are so adorable.

He nodded and kissed her back. Soon enough, they were making out on the locker next to mine.

That's too much.

I groaned. "How did I last being friends with only you two for a whole year?"

No reply.

I sighed, grabbing the wrist of Laura who just so happened to be walking by. "Come on. I don't want to be stuck with them." I poked my finger at Max and Emma. Laura nodded quickly and we began walking to Art.

"Um, if you don't mind me asking... " Laura began. I looked up at her. She fiddled with the corner of her notebook. "Were Harper and Bethany out together on the field?"

I winced, my mood immediately darkening. "Yeah. Let's just say I ran home after that."

"Oh, Noelle... " We stopped outside the Art room. She looked at me sadly. "He's just a fucking asshole with no sense in girls."

Silence.

I looked at her for a second, completely shocked.

Laure just said something mean. And swore.

I burst out laughing, hugging her quickly. "Thanks, Laura. Now let's get into Art before Ms Walker kills us."

Five minutes later, we had seated ourselves in class and Ms Walker still hadn't arrived. I sighed fiddling with my pen. Joshua wasn't here yet so I had no one to talk to.

Harper wasn't here yet either.

Thank god. I don't want to see him.

So, of course, he had to walk in on that exact moment.

I ripped my eyes away from him quickly, my heart already racing from just seeing him. He had to look extremely gorgeous today, didn't he?

He was wearing a black sweater with jeans, as well as dark red Converse and a dark red beanie. He had swept some hair out of his beanie, sweeping above his forehead adorably.

Shut up, Noelle.

Shut up.

This was the first time I had seen him since the dance. He hadn't tried to contact me in any way after the dance, and neither had I. He might have tried to through our windows, but taking the possibility in mind, I had closed my curtains the whole weekend.

I watched as he glanced at me, his eyes filling with guilt. I looked away quickly, pretending to take interest in my notebook. I heard footsteps and then his warm presence beside me.

I turned around then slapped him.

Just kidding. That's only my wishful thinking.

"Noelle," he breathed, putting a hand on my shoulder. I stiffened.