Chapter 9- "Do you dream about me, angel?"

Harper Andrews was standing outside my locker.

Looking hot.

He was wearing a fitted light grey shirt that hugged his body, black jeans and his hair was artfully messed up, still glinting with the signs of his morning shower. He was leaning against my locker, running a hand through his hair, messing it up even more, his green eyes glancing around as if he was searching for someone.

Was he waiting for me?

Yeah, sure, Noelle. He's probably waiting for Amanda.

Amanda was the girl Harper was flirting with on te first day of our tour. She was on the gymnastics team, and had boys falling at her feet back and forth. She was pretty, gorgeous hair, bright blue eyes, perfect teeth but so fake. Of course Harper was waiting for her, I mean, a player and a girl like her? Perfect fit.

My heart sunk at the idea of knowing Harper wasn't waiting for me. Why do I care? I don't even like him. The regret that nagged me about that comment scared me. Harper and I became 'kind of friends' last night, when he was actually being decent, despite his shameless and playful flirting and amused arogant attitude. We managed to do about a quarter of our project. I pushed away all thoughts and strolled to my locker, trying to keep my head high.

Harper's eyes flicked to me as I approached my locker, immediately lighting up and standing straight. As he stood, I saw the muscles in his arms ripple.

Okay, major swoon.

"Hey," he said, standing in front of my locker as I walked up to him. Oh my gods, his voice, I inwardly sighed, feeling shudders through my body at his low, smoky words. He was waiting for me. My heart began to race as I tried to calm the raging butterflies in my stomach. He smirked, instantly noticing the effect he had on me.

"Hi," I mumbled, looking down shyly, fiddling with the end of my hair. He was wearing the same black Converse he was wearing on the first day of school. I stood for a moment, noticing that he wasn't moving from in front of my locker.

"Um, could you move?" I muttered, looking up and gesturing to my locker. He grinned mischieviously, leaning down to whisper in my ear, his hot breath tickling me. I suddenly felt his hands slip around my waist, holding on to my hips. I took in a sharp intake of breath. My heart jumped in my chest at our proximity. "Only if you kiss me," he whispered. I could hear the smirk evident in his voice. I stood for a moment, starstruck before coming to my senses.

"Please, Andrews, in your dreams." I huffed snappily, pushing his shoulder, trying to get him to move away, momentarily hesitating at the feeling of his toned muscles under my fingers. "How did you know that I dream about you?" he replied cockily, arching an eyebrow, but nevertheless, moving out of my way. I snorted and rolled my eyes, unable to help myself from grinning as I turned the lock of my locker.

I gathered my books from my locker as Harper stood next to me. I felt his eyes burn into my body, looking me up and down, blushing wildly as I heard his low grunt of approval at my white, billowing top and my skinny jeans. "Do you dream about me, angel?" he asked, smirking arrogantly. "Yes," I answered sarcastically, glaring at him. "In my nightmares." I smiled sweetly before slamming my locker shut, walking past a very in-awe Harper.

Noelle: 1, Harper: a billion and four.

"When did you become so different?" He asked, easily catching up and strolling alongside me. I shrugged, not answering. Since last night, when you were someone else and I wasn't afraid to be myself for the first time in my life. I don't know why. Last night, I felt like I could truly be myself, the wall that usually pressed up around me was broken down, and the person who did it, out of all people was Harper. But I wasn't about to admit that to him. "You're hot when you are sarcastic," he added, stating it nochalantly, as if he were talking about the weather. I blushed deeply, hiding my face behind a shield of my hair.

Oh.

My.

Gods.

Harper Andrews just called me hot.

"Is anything wrong?" his voice startled me out of my thoughts as I noticed I was walking sideways, facing away from him. Oh gods, I was walking sideways.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine, I'm good," I said quickly, turning to face forward, my face flushing bright red. I couldn't bear to look at him, hearing his chuckling. "I swear, she's adorable," he muttered under his breath, so quietly I barely heard it. I turned to him at that, to find him looking at me already, an unrecognizable emotion in his eyes. Seeing me looking at him, he turned away quickly, his cheeks turning pink. Was Harper Andrew... blushing?

"So... " he began, still looking away from me. "Do you have Music next as well?" I bluntly nodded, too fixtated on his dark, long eyelashes, before quickly shaking my head. "No, I have Art next." I replied, looking away as well. I suddenly felt the weight of my books fall away from my hand. I looked down frantically, hoping to God I hadn't dropped the books. No. I hadn't.

"Don't worry, angel," I heard Harper's cool voice say. "I got them, I'll hold them for you." I looked at him, my books as well as his gathered in his muscular arms. I opened my mouth to protest, before Harper's hand clamped over my mouth. I immediately silenced, shuddering as my lips brushed against his warm palm. "It's okay, baby doll," he started, "I got it. What kind of guy would I be if I didn't hold them for you?" He brought his hand away from my mouth and instead wrapped them around my wrist, dragging me forward. I felt sparks at the touch. I let him drag me away as I stared at him in awe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello, sweetheart," someone said, pulling the chair out from next to me and seating themselves down. I looked up to see Joshua staring right back, pale blue eyes gleaming. "Don't call me sweetheart," I muttered, moving aside to give him space. Joshua was really getting on my nerves. Everytime I saw him, he was staring at me, what appears to be what he finds a 'seductive' face plastered onto him.

It looked more like a dying rhino.

He would stop me in the hallways by trying to talk to me about his weekend or wink at me and try and tell me the story about his house in France.

I know. Plain weird. And stalkerish. He seemed to be following me everywhere.

"I liked the bag you were carrying yesterday," he started, "brought out the colours of your eyes." See what I mean? He was either a creepy stalker or somebody really desperate for conversation. My eyes are hazel. My bag was blue. How did it bring out the colours in my eyes? "Thanks," I muttered turning away from him and taking my book out, hoping he would take the hint. Apparently not.

"Why are you so bad at PE?" he asked, leaning over to me. "By the way, your hair smells nice. Like cinnamon." Okay, this was too creepy. I still sat patiently in my seat, ignoring his questions. "Sorry," he mumbled suddenly. "Still not over my break up." My heart broke a little for him. I had never had a break up, let alone dated or kissed anyone, but I had heard of the horrors. "It's okay," I sigh. I glanced over at him, his head was in his hands. He didn't look up. I awkwardly reached my hand over and patted his back, unsure of what to do in such a situation. Oh my gods, Noelle. You are such a weirdo. He obviously thinks you are a freak. My suspicions were confirmed when he chuckled slightly. I felt a plummeting in my stomach.

"No, seriously, I'm sorry... " Joshua said, smiling. I nodded in acknowledgement. "Hey, Noelle, I know I haven't known you very long, but I- " he started, biting his lip, but he was interrupted my the teacher walking in. All chatter fell silent. My mind drifted to Harper, his extremely hot exterior, and arrogant interior, dotted with specks of kindness. Even the thought of him sent trembles up my body.

The good kind.

What was he doing to me?

OH MY GOD GUYS IM SORRY FOR THIS TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE CHAPTER I WANTED TO PUT SOMETHING UP

I am finding it really, really hard to write... I just wanted to show you Harper and Noelle's current relationship and what it's like and try to ease Joshua into the story a bit... I'm sorry, I tried. Hopefully I will write a MUCH better chapter next time, I am SO SORRY FOR THIS TERRIBLE CHAPTER

Follow, vote, and maybe comment your opinions please! Sorry again...

-A :)