Chapter 50- Rebecca hates Ribena.

Dedication: danigrl763

RECAP:

So the first part was in Harper's POV where he woke up in the middle of the night and he's just watching Noelle and talking about her and yaddahyaddahyaddah. Then she wakes up and they talk about what happened with Joshua and the hospital and everything and Harper is hurt to hear that Noelle is not sure if she regrets attempting suicide, and tells her she is the strongest person he has ever known. The next morning, Harpelle have a near kiss, but Maggie (Harper's mom) walks in on them almost there and she is shocked but quickly recovers so she can call over Ria (Noelle's mom) and they fawn over Harpelle for a bit. Later, Harper gets her clothes for her to change but she keeps his shirt on that she was previously saying, and Harper says some really cutesy stuff about Noelle makes him feel. Then, Harper and Noelle go to school and Noelle finds that her phones has a ton of notifications of Emma sending photos of Harper and Noelle kissing from the beach and Harper asks Noelle on a date, and she says yes (YAY). Later, during lunch, Noelle encounters Joshua in the hallway and he blames her for sending him to prison for attempted sexual assault, and tells her that his court case is next week. He tries to hit her, but she fights back, and everyone in the hallway at school sticks up for her. Joshua gets one punch in but Harper arrives and beats Joshua up, getting even more angry when he sees that Joshua hurt Noelle. Convinced that Harper would do serious damage, Noelle stops him from doing so and the teachers finally come to drag Joshua away.

I watched the nurse treat Harper from my chair in the corner of the room.

It was evident as soon as we walked into her office that this wasn't the first time Harper had gotten into a fight and had to be sent here. In fact, it was a common occurrence. You know, seeing as he was on first name basis with the nurse.

"Will this take long, Felicia?" He asked, watching her apply some ointment to the skin on his split knuckles for punching Joshua.

"No, no, honey," she replied, pulling out the bandages. "And you'll be just fine, too. Not like getting badly injured would stop you anyways." Felicia hummed disapprovingly. "What was this fight about?"

"Nothing!" I blurted out when Harper opened his mouth to speak. I watched his eyes dart to mine in confusion. I shook my head slightly, trying not to let the piercing green distract me too much.

"Are you sure, darling?" Felicia raised an eyebrow, not glancing up from Harper's split knuckles. "If it's horribly drastic, I can help."

"No, no, that's okay," I answered quickly. "It's completely fine. Perfect actually. No really. I'm in tip-top condition. A-Okay. Perfecto. Bien. Nothing bad happened. Zero. Nil. Nada. Zilch. I mean, everything is 'totes' cool. Pfft, what are you talking about? Worrying about me? Nah, all is good. I'm fine. Totally rad, even- "

I was cut off by Harper's deep laughter, ringing through the air, running circles around me that made me crave to hear the sound over and over for the rest of my life.

You are way too far into this, Noelle.

He grins that beautiful smile at me. "It's adorable when you ramble," He says, ignoring the fact that Nurse Felicia is right there, smirking at me. "It's so hard to resist when you do."

What does that mean?

Nevertheless, I blushed, my face turning bright red. Felicia takes in my flushed face and grins.

"Well alright, kids," Felicia says, stepping back from Harper's newly bandaged hands. "I have to attend a quick meeting, but you should be alright. Feel free to leave whenever you like." I don't miss the splitting grin on her face as she gathers her things, neither do I miss the quick wink she sends in my direction as the door shuts behind her.