Chapter 51- "No one is going to stop me from having this damn good cheesecake."

Dedicated to: Olissa02

Thinking about Harper without feeling all fuzzy and lovesick must have been the hardest thing I had ever attempted to do.

Damn you, Andrews. Stop messing with my feelings, okay?

Emma had come over about an hour ago to get me ready for our date, insisting that I did not possess the "common skills to dress myself decently". She had even gone as far to say all I wore were sweatpants and jeans. I had scoffed and told her that Harper wishes all I ever wore were sweatpants and jeans, nothing else.

I sat on my bed, tapping my foot in anticipation, waiting for Harper to arrive. Minutes slowly crept by as I tried to will ten o'clock in the morning to come faster. I had never looked forward to anything so much in my life. My heart was racing and head was buzzing and I couldn't keep my fingers still- from smoothening out my white dress, to straightening the frizz in my hair.

The sound of the clock ticking was mocking me, riling me up to no end. Adrenaline rushed through my veins as I waited for him. This was the moment I had been waiting for for so long and now that it was down to the last few minutes, I felt like I was standing on a wire, ready for the moment to fall. Not even my excitement could stop the nerves, though.

What if I mess up?

What if I say something that sends him running?

What if he finally sees me for who I am- someone who simply isn't good enough?

I froze. That single thought was the reason for everything I did. That I wasn't good enough. I thought it was gone. I thought I had learned.

My phone rang obnoxiously loud from beside me, silencing my thoughts, shoving them away for the time being. I picked it up, picking at the bedsheets beneath me. "Hello?"

"Hi," Emma said. "Is he there yet?"

"No," I whispered, staring at the clock. I don't know why I was so worried, he still had a few minutes. "What if he doesn't show up?"

Emma scoffed. "That's ridiculous. Don't think like that- he really really likes you, I'm a hundred percent sure he'll show up."

The hand on the clock seemed to slow down even more. "Are you sure- "

The doorbell rang.

I screamed into the phone. "He's here!" I yelled to Emma. "Oh my gods, he's here!"

"Well why are you yelling at me?! Go open the door for him!"

"But I'm nervous!"

"That's too bad! On my first date with Max, I was nervous but you just shoved me out the door! So go!"

"I don't think I want to!"

"NOELLE SOON TO BE ANDREWS, WE BOTH KNOW THAT IS A LIE SO GET UP AND HAUL YOUR ASS OUT THE FRONT DOOR NOW, OKAY! I SWEAR, IF YOU DO NOT GO WITHIN THE NEXT TEN SECONDS, I WILL NOT HESITATE TO GO OVER THERE AND- "

"I'm going, I'm going!" I finally shriek into the phone, hanging up and stuffing it hastily into the purse Emma had packed for me because apparently books weren't acceptable to bring and read on the first date.

Mundanes.

Taking a deep, shuddering breath, I descended down the stairs quickly, before coming to a complete stop before the door. I leant my head against the wood, closing my eyes.

Why am I so nervous? This is just Harper. Come on, he's practically one of your best friends. Don't be so scared. Even if you do mess up, it's Harper. He'll just find it funny and laugh in your face. He won't actually hate you. There is no need to be scared.