Chapter 49- "WE HAVE A CODE 12-15-22-5!"

Dedication:

Harper's POV:

Having her in my arms was honestly like coming home.

It was still 3 AM and somehow, in the night, Noelle had cocooned herself in all the blankets and was huddled in my arms, breathing softly against my bare chest.

I shivered slightly, my heart racing.

You're going soft, Andrews. You've really got it bad.

I smiled down at her sleeping face, brushing a lock of her beautiful red hair that looked like spun copper away from her shut eyes. Her lips were gently parted and she let out this cute little snores. I nearly lost it when she huddled even closer, wrapping her arms around my torso tightly. She was the cutest damn thing I had ever seen. I had to bite my lip, hard, to stop myself from reaching out and just kissing her.

On the lips, the cheek, the forehead- everything was equally as vulnerable to me.

I sighed softly.

There was no doubt about it- I was worried as hell about her.

She had gone through so much pain- some of it even being my fault- that I was afraid that her recovery would be too difficult. Here she was- this catastrophically beautiful person- who just somehow couldn't find it within her to love herself for who she is.

And that killed me.

Not to mention that someone- that asshole- had tried to take advantage of her vulnerability and tried to use it against her. My fists clenched around the fabric of Noelle's (actually my) t-shirt. Even the thought of him repulsed me.

I swear, the next time I see him I will show him no mercy.

He can't get away with this.

First Kate, then Noelle.

If he even dares look at her- I'll kill him.

I glanced down at her again. How could anyone ever intentionally try to hurt her? All she had ever done was good- why did the good people have to suffer the most?

I won't let him have her ever again.

I won't let any guy have her.

She's mine. I don't want anyone else feeling the same butterflies I do when she walks into the room. I don't want anyone else's heart to race when she laughs. I don't want anyone else to stay up late at night because they can't get her smile off their mind. Call me selfish, but I don't care.

She is mine.

Finally, around 4 AM, Noelle stirred against me, and I watched her eyes softly open.

"Hey," she whispered softly, the sleep still evident in her voice. I held my breath the moment her eyes caught mine. "How long have you been awake for?"

"An hour or so," I replied, cuddling up to her a little more and smirking when I felt a small gasp escape her lips. "Just thinking."

"You should probably go back to sleep then," she answered. "We have school today- you don't want to be really tired."

Groaning, I let her pull away from me a little for breathing space. "You sound like my mom."

Noelle rolled her eyes. "What else do you want to do then?"

"Why don't we just talk?" I suggested. "I really missed talking to you."

Why the hell did you just say that?