Chapter 26- "Because I don't see that 'Jace Herondale, thing going for you."

Dedicated to: @flo_the_queen

When I woke up, Harper was still fast asleep.

I was immediately overwhelmed by a calm serenity.

Unsurprisingly, our hands had become unraveled at some point in the long night, and instead, Harper had an arm flung across my waist, clutching me very close, so I was almost fully pressed up against his front.

I sighed slowly, watching Harper sleeping, not in the creepy Edward Cullen way, knowing that trying to get out of bed now was no use. I was too lazy.

He looked almost angelic while sleeping. All his features were at rest, no cocky grin, no teasing smirk- just his lips slightly apart and his eyes closed. I smiled.

And of course, Harper Andrews, being the idiot he is, had to ruin the moment.

He slowly pried his eyes open, his green eyes almost glowing.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Harper chuckled huskily.

Oh, gods.

His morning voice.

I groaned and pulled his arm off me. "I wasn't staring at you," I scoffed quickly.

Liar.

"Sure, baby doll," Harper grinned as I slid out of the bed, self consciously adjusting my sweater and mini sleeping shorts and smoothing down my hair which probably looked like a bird's nest.

Harper, on the other hand looked even better than normal. His hair was messy and disheveled- more than usual- and his dark green eyes flashed brilliantly.

I kind of felt bad for my boring hazel ones.

I quickly pulled my hair into a messy bun and turned to Harper who was now sitting up in the bed.

"Okay, you have to get out of here so I can get ready. And you have to do it without anyone seeing you." I told him. Harper merely raised an eyebrow.

"Why not?"

"Because people will get ideas!" I squealed. Harper chuckled.

"Okay, okay," he laughed. "I'm leaving." He stood up out of the bed, before heading to the door. Before he could leave, he leant over so his lips were by my ear.

"By the way, you look sexy in those shorts." He whispered, slipping out of my room.

What?

I gaped at him. He winked, closing the door behind him.

——————————————————————-

"Is everybody ready?" Maggie called out, walking out onto the chalet's porch. We all nodded in unison.

"Good," she muttered, taking a seat on the hard wooden chairs. "Our instructors will be here to pick us up soon."

I nodded and took a seat next to Samara on the floor of the porch. Florence was sitting next to her, flipping through a magazine.

"Seriously?" I called out to Florence. "We're about to go skiing and you're magazine-shopping for Jimmy Choo shoes?"

"Well, I'm sorry, but it is my job to look better than the college students at my university- I mean, peasants. I have a reputation to keep." Florence replied, glaring at me playfully and returning back to her magazine. I giggled, and at that exact moment, Harper walked out of the chalet. I turned away quickly as I felt him sit beside me on the porch. I glanced over at Samara who winked at me. I glared, of course.