Chapter 27- "It's my freaking birthday! I have rights!"

a/n: i won't be updating this story for a while, so if you want to see some of my better writing (that i will be updating) check out my new story "of planets and playlists"!

Dedicated to: @jennamark

(A/N: NO HATE IN THIS CHAPTER, PLEASE. THIS INSECURITY IS SOMETHING THAT PEOPLE FEEL, OKAY?

"You're in love with him?"

Emma, Samara and Florence screeched. We were all gathered in my room in the chalet and Emma was face timing us. It was an hour after I was sitting with Harper on the sofa. I winced.

"Guys, shut up! He'll hear you!" I hissed.

Florence rolled her eyes. "His room is on the other side of the chalet. But seriously, Noelle? You love him?"

I nodded shyly and blushed. Emma whooped from my computer screen.

"I fucking knew it!" She screamed, bouncing up and down on her chair. "The ship is sailing!"

"Please, the ship has already sailed and reached the destination." Samara replied, flapping her hands around in excitement.

What interesting friends I have.

Why did I tell them first, again?

That's right, because you don't want Mom and Maggie to cause an uproar.

I turned cautiously to Florence. "What do you think?" I asked quietly. She was looking down at her Tiffany and Co ring infested fingers.

"I don't know." She began. "I mean, me? I prefer not to fall in love with guys. That's not my thing. But I can't say for you. Just, Noelle- " she finally looked up at me. "Don't get your heart broken, okay?"

I smiled softly. "I can't promise that. We're not even dating."

"Yet," Emma added. Samara nodded and I glared.

"Probably not." I sighed, pulling at my pyjamas.

"Can I be the first to tell her that everything she's saying is complete- " Florence cut Emma off with a glare.

"Fine," Emma huffed.

"Do you know for sure you're in love?" Samara asked. I nodded immediately.

"I know it. I don't know how, but I do. Whenever he looks at me- "

"Ew!" Florence yelled. "I don't want to know the details, not all that sappy stuff! I'm leaving!"

And with that, she dashed out of my room in her sheepskin Uggs. I laughed and Samara and Emma couldn't help but grin.

"So... what's your next step?" Samara turned to me.

"Next step?"

"What are you going to do now that you've realised your in love?"

I blushed. "Nothing, I guess. Just see where everything takes me." I paused. "That's what they do in books anyway, right?"   

---------------------------

"Good morning!" Someone yelled in my ear. I screamed, falling out of bed and landing on the floor, dragging half the bed's blankets off as I moaned in pain. The yelling was backed up by a huge outburst of laughter.

I opened my eyes warily to see Harper staring down at me, amusement dancing in his eyes.

"You idiot," I groaned, pulling the duvet over my head to try and block out the morning sunlight. "Why the hell did you wake me up?"