Chapter 24- I have friends worse than Godzilla.

Dedicated to: @thecolourisblack

"Try this one on."

Harper thrust a short, tight turquoise dress at me. I stared at it in utter horror.

It was just after school, and the party was tonight. I was freaking nervous, and after assessing my wardrobe, Harper and Emma decided I had nothing 'party worthy'.

So they took me shopping four hours before the party.

Emma nodded her head at Harper's choice. "Yeah, try that one on, Noelle."

I looked at her in astonishment. "You want me to try that on? It's barely a dress- more like a strip of fabric!"

"But an extremely hot strip of fabric," Harper added. I glared at him and he shut up, awkwardly retreating a few steps back, running his hands through his sweaty hair. Emma had called him and he had come with us straight from basketball practice- so he was still in his basketball uniform. And he looked hotter than usual. I think one of the shop workers agreed with me, because she kept staring at him longingly.

"Noelle, please," Emma pouted. I groaned, before walking into the changing room with the horrific turquoise 'dress'.

I stripped, before attempting to pull it on. After a lot of hard work, it was finally on. I turned to look in the mirror and I nearly screamed. The dress was so short- only an inch below my butt. The dress was also very low cut, revealing way more than I would have liked. The whole dress was sparkly, so it looked like a fairy had puked on it and I could barely breathe it was so tight.

Um, no.

"How is it?" Harper called out. I shook my head.

"No way am I wearing this." I groaned.

"Step out," Emma ordered.

"No!" I squealed. "I'm barely wearing anything!"

"Then definitely step out," Harper chuckled, and I could almost hear the smirk in his voice. I heard a slapping sound and a manly 'Ow!' and I laughed.

Team Emma.

"Just come out!" She yelled. I sighed, knowing that if I didn't she'd probably break down the stall door and come after me. Taking a deep breath, I stepped out.

Emma immediately winced. I agreed. This dress was horrible and definitely did not suit me. Harper, on the other hand, was just scanning my body up and down. I uncomfortably crossed my arms over my chest.

"My face is up here, you know," I said, blushing. Harper glanced up at me for a second then winked.

"I know."

I groaned and turned to Emma. "What's the next dress?"

She pulled out a black one from her basket. I had to admit, it looked quite nice. I took it from her gently, before walking into the changing room to try it on.

It came on nicely, and it looked good. It wasn't as short as the turquoise one- this one reached mid-thigh- and the sleeves went just past my elbows. The dress was simple, just plain black and it was tight enough to accent the little curves I had. I couldn't help but smile at my reflection.

I stepped out of the changing room. Emma clapped her hands in excitement.

"This is the one!" She cried out, pulling me into a hug.

It was.

As she pulled away, grinning maniacally, I turned to Harper.

"What do you think?" I asked anxiously. After giving me a once over, Harper looked up at my eyes.