Chapter 19- "Baby, you haven't even had me yet."

Dedicated to: @choco1ate

"So... " Rhea began, wiggling her eyebrows. "How long have you and Harper been... "

Emma giggled.

I groaned. We had all decided to meet up at Starbucks, Emma, Rhea and I, and it was only a few hours after I had come back from the hospital. It was a very awkward experience once Harper had calmed down- me having to literally climb out of his lap blushing, while Harper merely smirked, looking me up and down.

"We aren't dating," I sighed dramatically. Emma and Rhea looked at me in disbelief.

"Okay... have you kissed yet?"

I shook my head. "Look, I'm too afraid to. And I don't think Harper likes me."

Emma slammed her head loudly on the table, and I jumped back, startled. All the other customers gave Emma strange looks. She didn't seem to notice, as she snapped her head up to look at me. "You have got to be kidding me."

I frowned. "What?"

"Never mind," Emma sighed. "Never mind."

Rhea chuckled and I turned to her. "So... you and Joshua?" I asked, smirking at my counter.

She sighed. "Not great. I think he might like someone else. And it feels fucking heartbreaking."

"Wait, do you love him?" Emma piped in. Rhea sighed and nodded. I patted he back reassuringly.

"It's okay, if he doesn't love you for who you are, he isn't deserving of you- "

"Hey, girls." A voice interrupted. We all looked up at the same time, to see Alfie standing over our table, Joshua in tow. Although he was greeting all of us, his eyes were on me. From the corner of my eye I could see Rhea straightening up in her seat and smiling slightly at Joshua.

I smiled awkwardly at them.

I don't want to speak to Joshua.

Emma gave me a look.

"Um... what are you doing here?" Emma asked. For the first time, Alfie turned to her.

"We're here for Noelle."

Okay...

I raised my eyebrows, as Alfie continued.

"This asshole," Alfie slapped the back of Joshua's head, making him wince. "Is here to apologize to Noelle."

I looked away, shocked. To apologize? He wanted to apologize, or at least Alfie wanted him to apologize, to me for the other day in the car, when Joshua said he only came up to me to get Harper mad.

"I don't need your apology," I replied bitterly, turning away to sip from my caramel frapuccino. "It's kind of beyond apologizing stage. I mean, if Alfie has to tell you to apologize, then it's obviously not worth my time."

"Hey, I'm not that bad!" Alfie grumbled.

I glared at him and he shut up quickly.

"Look, Noelle, please listen," Joshua spoke for the first time. To my surprise, his voice was soft and genuine and seemed deeper than the ocean. I sighed, giving in, before nodding, signalling for him to continue.

"I'm sorry. At first, I admit, I just wanted to get to Harper. But then I got to know you- and, I guess, I came to like you. So, yeah."

Okay, that was pretty nice.

And I do like Joshua.

As a friend, of course.

"Fine," I sighed. "Now go away."