Chapter 12- "I'm not whipped."

Hey guys! So last time I had issues with Chapter 11, but I have finally got it up! If you haven't read it fully (it ends with Harper and Noelle on the bleachers) I suggest you read it now, before moving onto this chapter, Chapter 12! Thanksssss :)

I woke up to a pleasant warmth wrapped around me, particularly around my waist and the side of my body, however the cool wind was still crackling across my face. Unconsciously, I snuggled further into the warmth, burying my head into the soft fabric that was rubbing against my cheek. I felt the warmth wrap tighter around me, and I breathed in the calming scent of lemongrass. I felt the person's breath against my hair, and I didn't really care who it was.

I was so sleepy.

Their warm, minty breath moved to my face, and I felt it linger there before something pressed into my forehead, soft and warm. I sighed, feeling sparks up my skin at the touch. I felt the person's body soften around mine, clutching me desperately, as if I was the last thing on earth. I could not ignore the sparks.

Wait.

What?

There is only one person that can make me feel sparks.

I opened my eyes.

My face was was still buried in the dark fabric of the person's shirt, so I lifted my head carefully. My head was now facing the field, and I could see the football team darting around, practicing for their game. The movement of my head seemed to disrupt the person, as they stiffened. Their body was still stiff as I looked up at them.

Harper was looking down at me warily, green eyes soft and hopeful. He was biting his perfect lips gently, out of worry, yet he did not release his arms from around me, as if he could not bear the thought. My heart warmed at the thought.

I didn't want to let go too.

His body was still rigid against mine. Oh gods, I can feel his muscles. I smiled up at him and he relaxed, his arms loosening around me. I wondered if he was enjoying this as much as I was.

Grea"Hi," I mumbled sleepily, bringing my arms out of his embrace to rub my eyes. I instantly felt cold. "How much of school did we miss?" My words brought me to reality, it slowly dawning at me. I grabbed Harper's arm and shook it violently.

"Oh my gods, Harper, how much school did we miss? Oh gods, I'm going to get detentions and I've probably missed homeworks, and there are so many notes that I've probably missed out on, and- "

"Calm down, baby doll, you fell asleep in our free period which was at the end of the day," Harper said, chuckling. "So no more school." he emphasised every word as if I were a toddler who had broken all the crayons.

I reached up to hit the back of his head. This only made him laugh more. My heart welled with the sound of his laughter. I turned to face the football, giving up, fighting the urge to laugh as well. Our thighs were touching again, rubbing against each other, making me shudder.

"Are you cold?" Harper asked, looking over at me in concern. He had stopped laughing.

"No, I'm fine." His arms slipped away from me, slowly and reluctantly. I winced.

Great going, Noelle.

I came out of my daydream and looked at the practice going on. All boys had a tall, lean and muscular build, much like Harper. They were running around the pitch, their coach shouting at them furiously.

Well someone's in a bad mood.

I laughed slightly at the sight of the very red faced coach.

"What's so funny?" Harper asked, putting his hand on my knee. I nearly died as he rubbed his thumb gently on my skin. "Oh- oh, it's just that the coach looks funny when he's angry," I stammered, unable to hold back the bubble of giggles that spurted out of my mouth. Harper seemed to lighten up.