Chapter 22- That is more adorable than the pug-licking-screen thing.

Dedicated to: @mishamar

A week after the restaurant.

A week till Niseko, Japan.

A week an a bit till my birthday- which was on the 12th of December- we would be in Japan.

I sighed, gathering my packed lunch from my locker, careful not to drop anything, not wanting to replay the incident at the start of the year on the day I met Harper- when I dropped my books and everyone stared.

The principal had given me a due date for my speech on anxiety- May. I know it was late November, but the date seemed to be approaching painstakingly fast.

It was just the beginning of lunch, and I was heading for the cafeteria, thinking about me and Harper's Biology presentation today and how we were going to watch Mockingjay. Finally.

I held my breath as I passed Amanda and her best friend Jasmine, who both in turn glared at me as I walked by. I didn't dare to look at them, and instead turned away, speed walking now. I was just about to walk through the cafeteria doors when a blonde freshman, I think, came rushing up to me, her mouth open in awe. I looked down at her curiously. Well, not much down, because I was quite small.

"You have to come!" she shrieked. "Your friend sent me, something is happening to the boy with the black hair!" I froze.

"What?" I asked again, my brain sent into overdrive.

"You know, the attractive guy with the black hair and green eyes? Oh, and the blonde one with blue eyes." She answered.

Harper.

I grabbed her wrist. "Take me there."

She nodded quickly, before dragging me through the cafeteria and towards the doors that lead outside onto the football field. I was surprised to see that the cafeteria was near empty, instead of it's usual sea of people. My heart clenched.

The blonde freshman finally lead me outside, and I was greeted by the sight of tons of people staring in awe at something.

That's where everyone went.

Guys were chanting and pumping their fists in the air, and many girls were screaming and clamping their hands over there mouth's. I wasn't tall enough to see what they were all looking at. I shot the freshman girl a distracted 'thanks', before delving into the crowd.

At first, people were unwilling to move as I tried to shove past them. Then they would turn, recognise my face, and immediately step aside. I was pretty freaked out by this point, at how people were reacting, and, of course- the worry on what could've possibly happened to Harper.

Finally, after being accidentally elbowed in the stomach several times, I emerged from the crowd. I saw Emma, who was shouting my name, pointing at something to my right. I turned and gasped, frozen in shock.

There, beating the tomato juice out of someone, was Harper. His fists were clenched tightly, and he was bringing it down on a boy with blonde hair. From the wisps of yellow hair falling into his face as he fought back I could make out light blue eyes.

Joshua.

Harper's shirt was torn and drops of blood were splattered on it, only a few his own. He was was sporting a black eye and nosebleed only, but I could see the faint hints of bruises forming on his torso. Joshua was in a much worse condition- Joshua was strong, but Harper was stronger.

His nose was bloodied and crooked; supposedly broken, His arms were layered with bruises and scratches, and his knuckles were bleeding. I tensed my arms, terrified.