Chapter 47- "I definitely didn't imagine this."

a/n: i won't be updating this story for a while, so if you want to see some of my better writing (that i will be updating) check out my new story "of planets and playlists"!

Dedication: sincerelyzoe XD

(A/N- QUICK NOTE! If you guys want to email me something, send it to anahitakaman('at' sign sorry mine isn't working)yahoo.com )

I couldn't open my eyes.

It wasn't working.

I could recognise everything else, the sickly smell of a hospital, the gentle whirring of the machines next to me, the soft blanket between my fingertips.

But I couldn't open my eyes.

I tried to shift on top of the mattress, but I couldn't move as well. I tried to cry out, but not a single sound came out of my mouth. My whole body ached, my head pounding into my skull.

What's happening?

I tried to concentrate my mind, into my hands, silently willing them to move.

Move.

No matter how hard I tried for what must have been the next ten minutes, they couldn't move even a fraction of a centimetre. As far as I knew, the only thing moving was the gentle rise and fall of my chest from my ragged breathing, which was most likely supported by the piece of machinery that seemed to be whirring beside me.

How did I get here? What happened?

I cleared all my thoughts, trying to remember.

Screaming.

Yelling.

Confessing.

Driving home in Emma's car, crying.

Closing myself into the bathroom.

Swallowing the pills.

Sense of happiness and relief as I faded out of reality.

Harper.

The pills didn't work.

I'm still alive.

I have to go through everything again, once I wake up.

I wish I could have smiled. If I wake up.

Why couldn't have the damn pills just worked?

By now, I had assumed that I was most likely in a coma. After all, I couldn't open my eyes, or move my body, but I could hear everything happening around me. My suspicions were confirmed when I heard footsteps walking into my hospital room.

"Hi, Noelle!" An unfamiliar, cheery voice twinkled from somewhere to my left. I didn't even bother to wonder why a complete stranger was talking to my near lifeless body- I just savoured her friendly tone that I didn't hear so often nowadays.

"Day six now, right?" She chuckled. "I really hope you do wake up soon, dear. I think by now your brain has probably woken up fully, you brain signals are stronger." She chuckled sweetly, and I imagined her having short blonde hair tucked up in a nurse's cap. "How are you holding up, dear? Your family is missing you an awful lot- oh, I forgot! They'll be arriving in about ten minutes. I hope you are alright with that, sweetie?"

I wanted to smile at her wonderfully welcoming behaviour, almost disregarding the little fact that I had already been in a coma for six days.

Has Harper visited?