Chapter 30- "Or I might never forgive you and you'll rot in hell."

Dedicated to: @Ashes-of-the-Past (I've been meaning to dedicate to you for AGESSSS)

"Just for the record, I'm still annoyed at you."

Harper sighed, tightening his grip on the steering wheel. "Still?"

I nodded. "Definitely. I waited for you for almost two hours and you have no good reason why."

"Baby doll, can we just- not talk about this? I want Operation Forgiveness to work out well." He whined, but I could sense him falling into my resolve.

"Harper- "

"Bethany told me that she liked me." Harper finally blurted out.

I froze still and my heart sunk in my chest.

"W-what?" I stuttered, my heart shuddering in my chest. My hand immediately reached out to grip the hem of my dress.

"She told me she liked me today. When we were at the movies." Harper replied, his voice as blank as stone.

Oh my gods. The world has to hate me right now, doesn't it? First the boy I love doesn't share the same feelings and second someone that he might like likes him.

Perfect.

"Do you- do you like her back?" I mumbled softly, looking up at Harper, who's green eyes were still focused on the road in front of us. Harper hesitated a second before shaking his head.

"I don't know," he answered honestly. "I definitely do feel something for her, but I don't know if it's that."

I nodded bluntly.

Harper looked over at me, his jaw clenched, eyes brimming with unrecognisable emotion, so bright that they hurt to look at. His hair- tousled so artfully and his features so masculine yet soft, cheekbones prominent in the afternoon sun and lips full and pink- I couldn't help but hate myself for falling in love with him of all people.

Of course I could never had him. He was absolutely perfect- cocky and arrogant, yet funny and so sweet, making my skin burn and my heart race with the slightest touch. Of course there is a line of hundreds of girls going after him, all prettier and slimmer and funnier than me. Amanda would get to him, Bethany, most likely. And of course, he is bound to fall for one of them. I hated myself for falling in love with this amazing idiot. My heart is only getting broken in the end.

Harper seemed to have noticed my change in mood, and his blinding eyes softened. To my disappointment, he turned back to the road, however, one of his hands found it's way to my own, gently peeling it from clinging tightly to the end of my dress, to having it resting in his own warm flesh, sparks piercing my skin. He didn't wind his fingers with mine, just held it softly, and I took comfort in that.

"Your hands are really cold." Harper commented.

Wow. Way to ruin the moment.

"Well, I'm sorry if we're not all as radiant as the sun." I shot back quickly. My eyes widened immediately at what I had just said. Harper just smirked.

"You think I'm as radiant as the sun? Thanks, baby doll. Didn't know I was that hot." He drawled, eyebrow raised teasingly. I blushed, using my hand that wasn't enclosed within Harper's to use my hair to cover my face, trying to pull it off casually.

"Shut up," I mumbled. "I didn't mean that."

Harper just chuckled and began to play with my fingers. "You look nice today, baby doll."

I grinned. "Thanks. I can't say the same for you."

Lie. Harper looked amazing in his red flannel shirt and black jeans.