Chapter 21- "Ready to face the infinitely torturous wrath of mother's?"

Dedication: @penguinpineapples (who found the cast for Noelle- check the cast list!)

"And... done!" I turned to look at myself in the mirror, Emma standing eagerly behind me, mascara in hand and pride shining in her face.

And, god forgive me, I gasped, just like the way you read about in books.

I couldn't help it though. Emma had done my hair and make up perfectly, and for once in my life, I didn't feel ugly.

I felt beautiful.

My dress was sophisticated and elegant, and my mom burst into a round of applause from behind me, while Emma mimed bows.

I felt so powerful, finally becoming comfortable with how I looked. It felt like, I don't know, I had finally found myself, or like I was suddenly my favourite character or something.

"Thank you," I mumbled, grinning wildly. My mom chuckled.

"My little girl is growing up so quickly," she stood up, moving so she was slightly behind me. "It seemed like just yesterday when I gave you your first cotton candy."

I rolled my eyes. "Mom, I don't see how you have this huge obsession with cotton candy but- "

She shook her head. "I haven't raised you well enough."

I laughed, hugging her and turning back to Emma. She winked. "Harper will all over you, girl. Have fun."

I smiled and hugged her as well, thanking her one last time before my mom interrupted.

"Honey, we have to go pick up the Andrews'." I nodded, smiling at Emma- who winked- before heading to the car.

———————————————————————————-

I sat patiently on the sofa in Harper's living room, scuffing my foot on the rug. Maggie and Mom were talking comfortably and Lana and Jenna were busy trying to make cardboard objects. Lana, a sword, and Jenna, a wand.

Of course, decorated with My Little Pony figurines.

Everyone was waiting for my princess of a crush to get ready and get down there so we could leave. Even I didn't take that long.

Finally, the sound of footsteps padding down the stairs sent our heads snapping in the direction where the sound was coming from. Harper emerged from behind the corner, in all his hot glory.

Seeing Harper dressed casual is swoony enough, but in a tux-

Let's just say I almost died.

He was wearing a black tux, you know, black suit jacket and black pants and black leather shoes, and underneath that he wore a white button down shirt. Traditionally, he would wear a tie or a bow tie with it, but Harper had completely obliterated that rule and his neck was bare. Instead, he had unbuttoned the top few buttons of the pressed shirt. And of course, his hair was at it's usual disheveled state, which made all the girls go mad.

If it was even possible, Harper looked even better in a tux.

He didn't notice me as he walked down the stairs, and I saw Maggie roll her eyes. Instead, he was smiling at Lana and Jenna who were still playing with their cardboard objects.

"Alright everybody! Let's go to the car outside!" My Mom called out. Everyone started filing out the door, heading for the car. It was only when almost everyone was out the door did Harper look at me.

I felt so amazing when his jaw dropped.

I held my breath.

His eyes scanned over my body, from my black pumps- I refused to wear heels- to me dark blue dress, skimming over my collarbones, then finally to my face, where Emma had given me, I quote, 'natural make up'.