Chapter 44- Good, maybe she'll find a brain back there.

Dedicated to: elasticfun 

(people who have sent me banners, I'll start dedicating to you from next chapter XD)

Sorry that there is an author's not just before the chapter, but I wanted to address something that has been bothering me.

I know you guys hate Harper, but recently, you guys have started hating Noelle, and the comments from people about that is really bothering me. The comments that are just plain annoyed with Noelle (temporarily) are okay, but the other comments, the ruder, harsher ones that are actually legit screaming at Noelle and calling her stupid and insulting her actual character is actually really hurtful. I understand that you guys are mad because she is dating Joshua, but how would you react? Your first love- the guy who you gave you first kiss to, the guy who had always been by your side through thick and thin and would always understand you when nobody else would- imagine if he was in a happy relationship and showed no sign of breaking up with you. Imagine if the girl was an absolute bitch and her and her friend (Amanda, in this case) tried to make your life a living hell. Imagine if you were in a horrible argument with your mom, someone who has been there since day one. And now, to add to all of this, the stress of your senior year in high school- exams, college applications, all of that. Noelle just wants to get away from her reality- wants to get away from all the heartbreak coming from Harper, so she is trying to move on because she believes that they could never be together. She is trying to be with someone else because she is trying to love someone else, someone who wouldn't break her heart like Harper. She's just trying to stop the pain, you know?

I'm sorry if this came off like I was mad at you guys- I'm not, don't worry. I'm just a little upset, and I wanted to be open to all of you and tell you what is bothering me. Sorry about the really long A/N. Now on with the chapter :)

5:59.

I stared at the clock in anticipation and worry.

Just one more minute.

I squirmed awkwardly on the sofa. This my first date ever- not counting when I accidentally called Harper and I's outing a date- and Joshua hadn't told me where we were going or what we were doing, so dressing up had been quite a feat. Eventually, Emma had forced me over the phone to wear a blue sweater and floral skirt. She had tried to encourage me to wear a hat and my glasses with it, but I profoundly refused.

6:05.

Why isn't he here yet?

Just at that moment, when I was picking at the dark blue nail polish adorning my nails, Mom walked through the front door. There was an awkward silence as we stared intently at each other, before I finally shied away from her gaze. We still hadn't spoken since the horrible argument we had had, and, to be honest, I really missed her.

"Where are you going?" She asked sternly, her eyes strict. I tried to gather as much courage as I could muster before replying back.

"A date."

To say Mom was surprised was an understatement. Her whole strict facade fell, and she nearly tripped over her own feet. That was when I noticed Lana awkwardly standing next to her, pretending not to be eavesdropping.

"With Harper?" Mom asked almost hopefully. I shook my head sadly.

"Um, no. With Joshua." Her face immediately darkened.

I need to get out of here.

6:15.

Where is he?