Chapter 48- Oreos, my one true love.

THIS IS NOT THE LAST CHAPTER
Thank you to lovelybeliebers for the beautiful cover <3

THIS IS NOT THE LAST CHAPTERThank you to lovelybeliebers for the beautiful cover <3

Dedicated to: softballgurl0916 (HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY)

It was official.

The principal had said yes, I was presenting the first day back to school, despite his protests that I may not be 'mentally stable' enough to do so.

I yanked my brush through my hair angrily, staring at my reflection in the mirror of my room.

I'll show them.

I can be stronger than they think.

"Hi," I heard a faint voice by the doorway of my room, and I spun around to see Emma leaning on the frame. "How are you doing?"

"I'm okay, I guess," I smiled softly at her, leaning back onto my bed and patting the space next to me. She sat, and before I could do anything else, she wrapped her arms around me in a tight embrace.

"You mean so much to me, you know that?" Emma whispered in my ear, pulling me tight against her. "I might have tried to act all cheerful at the hospital, but I really was worried, you know?"

I hugged her back in response.

"And, Noelle, despite what others think, you are honestly the strongest person I know. I know that you willed yourself to wake up again, because only you have the power to do that, and I know that it pained you to do it, but you did it anyway. I really love you, Noelle. You are honestly the best friend anyone could have asked for."

I held onto her even tighter. "I know I haven't been telling you this often, Emma," I muttered back. "But you are honestly the best person in my life."

And I meant it.

Harper could keep breaking my heart, everyone could keep tearing me down, but Emma was the one constant in my life, the one thing that had never changed. That never would change.

The tender moment was ruined by Emma's comedic sniffing. I pulled away, giggling slightly, tears still brimming my eyes. "You okay?" I laughed.

She nodded before fanning her manicured fans in front of her face as if trying to dry the tears, despite the small smile on her face. "There you go again, making me go so god damn emotional."

I laughed again. She grinned at me and took my hand. "You know, if you get any trouble with people at school, I'm willing to beat them up."

I rolled my eyes. "I can defend myself."

"I know you can," She responded. "I just want to beat some motherfuckers up."

This was the Emma I knew.

"And about Harper? I know you probably don't want to speak about this, but I just wanted to let you know- when we go back to school, don't worry about it. Harper seems like he's 'all that' and stuff but really, you've got him wrapped around your little finger." She dorkily mimed it. "Like I said, don't worry. He's totally your bitch."