Chapter 42- 'Single Pringle And Never Ready To Mingle' Noelle.

Dedicated to:  : 

Max wouldn't pick up his phone, so I called Joshua to pick me up from the hospital. I was sitting on a bench just outside the building when a blue car pulled up. Joshua rolled down the window.

"You okay?" He called out. I nodded, walking up to the side of the car and pushing myself in.

"I guess," I sighed, closing my eyes and leaning back on the seat. "Thanks for picking me up."

"Hey," Joshua playfully nudged me with his elbow. "No problem, babe."

I tensed.

Babe?

BABE?

Why the hell did he just call me babe?

Am I going to let him get away with that?

"Don't call me 'babe'," I muttered feebly. Joshua wiggled his eyebrows.

"Why not, babe?"

I huffed, getting a little annoyed. "Seriously. Please."

Joshua shut up after that, switching on the radio and settling it on a horrible rap song. I mentally cringed but chose to do nothing about it, staring at the houses flashing by outside the window.

Despite coming across Harper, I guess I was glad I went to the hospital. I did feel better after talking to Kate- I'll admit that, and I was happy to see Jenna for the first time in ages

But it was Harper.

It was always Harper.

Why couldn't I stop thinking about him?

All the freaking time, as well.

The little idiot was always flooding my mind- making me see things- hope things that could never come true. And he was so freaking oblivious-

Cann't he see how much pain he's putting me through?

Isn't that enough to show him just how much I love him?

Maybe he does know. Maybe he just doesn't want to bring it up.

Forgetting Joshua was there, I groaned and buried my head in my hands. What if he knew all along?

Oh gods, I must have made a complete fool of myself.

Oh my gods, I'm such a weirdo.

I huffed to myself and began to bang my head against my palm. "Stupid Noelle," I muttered. "Stupid."

I heard an awkward cough and I looked up, my face flushed to see Joshua staring at me, eyebrow raised and weird look on his face.

"Is this like- a girl thing... " he began, gesturing to my weird behaviour. He held his foot over the brake. "Should I- stop the car, or something... "

I laughed a little, trying to hide my obvious embarrassment, sitting up. "Oh, no. It's nothing." I paused as I glanced outside the window.

"Joshua- "

"Yeah?"

"Why are we driving through the woods?"

I watched as the trees raced past my window in confusion.

"Oh," he replied. "It's a shorter way."

"Are you sure?" I raised an eyebrow. "I've never taken this route before."

"This was the route I took to come to your house the first time. I guess it's the only route I know."

I giggled a little. "Good. For a second I thought you were going to drag me out here and kill me."