Chapter 28- Quicker than Harry Potter on his Nimbus 2000.

Dedicated to: @Martin35

When Harper kissed me, I didn't freeze like all those other girls in books.

No, I reacted instantly, savouring in the feeling of his lips against mine, twining my hands up to let my fingers knot themselves in his hair.

I was kissing Harper Andrews.

The infuriatingly drool-worthy, charming, sweet, cocky, arrogant boy that drove me insane and had somehow made me fall for him- was kissing me.

Me.

Not some random girl at our school, not even Bethany from Dallas.

Harper was kissing me.

It seemed like he wanted to, too.

Both his arms were on me, one around my waist, pulling me tighter to him, another gently cupping my cheek as his lips moved softly against mine as if I were a china doll, just about to shatter. His skin was warm against my bare waist.

I finally realised what girls meant about 'sparks' when they have their first kiss, however cliché that sounds. However, there were no sparks for me. No, it felt like there was a dragon in my stomach, burning my insides, as Harper pulled me closer, and closer, his lips fervently passionate against mine- tasting of the vanilla icing on my cake. I didn't care if I was a terrible kisser, because this was my first kiss. I didn't care at all. Not when I was kissing my first love for the first time.

Shocks of electricity ran through his lips, surging through my own and into my blood, making my mind go all fuzzy as I kissed him back. Slowly, cautiously, I pressed myself I pressed myself harder against Harper, trying to get closer. He grinned against my lips, allowing to move towards him, pulling me off the bench so that I was sitting with him at the bottom of the jacuzzi, just my head and the top of my shoulders sticking out of the warm water. When we kissed, it was like everything else didn't exist. It was just me and him, nothing else mattered.

I don't know how long we had been kissing. It could have been a few seconds, hours, days, years, I couldn't tell, before Harper stiffened, as if realising something completely and utterly devastating.

No.

No. Don't pull away, Harper.

He pulled away, his lips leaving mine. The movement was soft, but it felt like a train had crashed into me and I whimpered, yearning to be in that same proximity within him again. I stared at him in awe, but Harper avoided my eyes, his mouth frowning and solemn.

Finally, he had pulled away so much that we weren't even touching anymore.

No.

This isn't how my first kiss is meant to end.

I always thought that I would be the first to pull away. Not him.

Why did he pull away?

Does he not like kissing me?

Am I a bad kisser?

Does he- does he not like me?

He should, shouldn't he? He kissed me.

Yes, but you asked him to kiss you.

But he kissed me back.

I watched as he ran a hand through his hair, still avoiding my eyes. This boy had my heart clutched in his hands, and he didn't even know. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Harper?" I asked gently. My voice wavered slightly.

He sighed heavily, finally raising his eyes to look at me. They were blank- I could see the guarding walls he had put up in his eyes. "I- I'm sorry, Noelle. I shouldn't have done that."