Chapter 13- "Looks like the good girl has a dirty mind."

"Hi, Noelle," I shushed Emma, continuing to read my book ferociously. "But Noelle- " I shoved my hand in her face this time, instantly shutting her up. She mumbled awkwardly, her voice muffled by my fingers. I ignored her. "Noelle!" she said, smacking my arm. I sighed, before reluctantly looking up from my book. "Yes?" I answered, slightly frustrated. Her hair was tied up in a bun today, bits of hair falling out and framing her face. I wish I could pull that off.

"We have to come up with a plan." She said, eyes glinting as she rubbed her hands together. It might of been me, but she was acting a little too maniacally for my liking. "For what?" I began, cautiously.

"To get you together with Harper, of course!" she squealed, shaking her hands. I groaned, closing my eyes and looking up at the ceiling, nevertheless unable to hide the small blush and smile that appeared on my face due to her excitement. "Emma, there's no point. I don't even like Harper that much." Yes you do, Noelle. Shut up. "And even if I did, Harper would never like me."

"Don't be a pessimist!" she cried, smacking my arm again. "This is your first crush, have a little more optimism."

"Who has a crush?" a voice intervened. Emma and I both turned our heads to the source of the gorgeous, sexy voice, coming face to face with Harper. Well, more like face to chest for me, as I was quite small. I looked up, seeing Harper's smirking face looking down on me. I blushed. What if he heard what I said before? About him never liking me? Then he would know. A sense of dread filled up in me.

Emma smirked, nudging me while facing Harper. "Oh, it's our dear Noelle who has a crush." she winked. I saw Harper's smirk visibly fade, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. He bit his lip.

Adorable-ness overload.

"You have a crush on someone?" he said. Something sounded a little off in his voice, it was lacking the usual arrogance and flirtatious tone. My heart hurt at his words. Well now we know he obviously doesn't like me. I opened my mouth, ready to protest, when Emma interrupted.

"Yes, she does! We will be leaving now." She giggled, grabbing me by the arm and dragging me away. Once we were out of sight, I turned to her and started whacking her lightly with my book. "Emma, why did you say that? He probably thinks I'm creepy now!"

Oh, and you practically revealed to him that I liked him. And, to top it off, he probably doesn't feel the same way.

"No, he so likes you!" she squealed. Did you see the way he reacted when he found out you liked someone?" I paused in my hateful thinking.

"What?" I questioned, cocking my head in confusion. Emma just shook her head. "Never mind, Noelle. Never mind." She giggled again. I leaned against whoever's locker it was and turned to her. "Either way, there is no chance that we will ever work out and- "

"Sorry to interrupt, ladies, but the principal would like to see Ms Richards in his office, please." a voice called out.

I turned to face the secretary, Ms George. I exchanged confused looks with Emma. "Um, sure." I said, gathering up my books. Emma mouthed a 'what?' to me, but I just shrugged, following Ms George and looking behind my shoulder. From the corner, as I walked away, I could see Harper, who was still standing against my locker. However, this time, he had his head pressed against it, looking down at the floor, eyes closed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"The principal would like to see you now," the secretary looked at me, motioning for me to stand up from the sofa in the waiting room. I did, gathering my books in my arms. She led me down a cream-walled corridor and stopped outside a door labelled with the principal's name, Mr Porter, in white lettering. I had only been here once, when told I had to tutor someone. She knocked.