Chapter 16- He expects me to run?

"Emma, I really don't want to wear this bikini."

I shifted awkwardly in the strips of turquoise fabric I was wearing under my t-shirt and shorts. "Why not?" Emma whined, scratching at the floor of my porch which we were currently sitting on. "You'll look hot!"

We were waiting for Max to arrive with Harper to pick us up for the beach party, which, by the way, everyone was going to. Wearing a bikini would only make me feel more vulnerable. "Emma, I really don't. I hate bikinis, I feel all insecure." I shuddered at thought of everyone staring at my bare body in the bikini, which Emma had forced me to wear, threatening to burn my books. Emma sighed before pulling a white piece of fabric out of her bag.

"Here," she muttered thrusting it towards me. "This is only because I feel bad."

I opened it up and grinned- it was a plain white swim-top. "Thanks," I smiled.

"Are we interrupting something?" Max's familiar voice called. Emma and I both turned to see Max in his jeep just outside my driveway, smiling mischieviously. Seated next to him was Harper.

Looking better than usual, if that was possible.

As Emma stood up to go kiss Max, Harper slipped out of the car, going to stand in front of me. He was wearing a dark grey sleeveless top and dark red shorts, his hair artfully disheveled and wearing raven black flip flops. He grinned. "Hey, baby doll!" he called out. I laughed, a little shakily. I wasn't used to someone this hot being near me.

"Why are you so happy?" I questioned playfully. He raised an eyebrow. "What, I'm not allowed to be happy to see a gorgeous girl?"

I blushed.

And I hated myself for it.

Harper smirked. "Or be excited about seeing her in a swimsuit?" I blushed again, hiding my face behind my hair. "You perv!" I shrieked, darting past him, to Max's car.

"You love me for it!" Harper called out from behind me. I flushed again as I swung myself into the back seat of the car, Emma had already occupied shotgun.

This was going to be a long day.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The car ride was long. Very long, with arguements about song choices, in which I found out Harper was a Fall Out Boy fan as well.

Can you get any more amazing?

Well apart from the fact he doesn't read.

"Okay, we're here!" Max called out as we pulled into a parking space. I looked around.

"Um... Max, where is the beach?" I asked cautiously. He sighed. "We have to walk a bit to get there. Come on, Emma." He blushed as he said this.

Why was he blushing?

I glanced over at Emma who was completely oblivious. She grabbed Max's hand and pulled him out of the car, both of them starting down the trail lined with shrubs. I spun around to face Harper who had his eyebrow raised, green eyes following the couple down the path. He flickered his gaze to me, looking completely adorable.

"Did you just see what I saw?" he asked, hopping out of the car and walking round to my side and opening the door. I nodded. "Max blushing? Yeah," I answered, smiling dreamily. They're relationship was freaking adorable.

"You hopeless romantic," Harper teased, reaching his hand towards mine gently helping me out of the car. I blushed bright red, letting him pull me up, his warm hand enclosed around mine, sending brights sparks up my arm. "Says the guy who just helped me out of the car," I stuttered, still blushing. He laughed at this, throwing his head back. "You're so cute, baby doll," he chuckled. I grew even redder.