Chapter 33- "You have that insane, psychopathic beaver look in your eyes."

Dedicated to: india_2806 (good luck on your new story!)

"Where are you taking me?" I laughed, as I continued to walk forward. Harper refused to move his hands away from covering my eyes.

"Didn't I tell you it was a surprise?" He said in my ear, laughing as well. I pouted, trying to ignore the feeling of his front pressing into my back.

"You're a meanie," I whined, feeling myself going up a step, causing me to almost fall back onto Harper.

Not that I wouldn't mind if that happened, I mean.

"Woah, baby doll," Harper chuckled, grabbing my waist with one hand and the other moving to cover both my eyes. "Didn't know I was going to have you falling for me that quickly."

I groaned and reached behind to slap his arm. Quite hard, may I add.

"Shit," he cursed. I smile triumphantly and continued walking forward. Finally, we came to a stop.

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded.

He released his hands from in front of my eyes.

I was struck, frozen by the beautiful sight in front of me as I took in a sharp inhale of breath.

No, it wasn't a moonlit dinner on the beach, or the cliché fancy picnic or something then a movie.

Nothing as extravagant as that, but far, far better.

I immediately spun around and flung my arms around Harper.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squealed, jumping up and down with my arms around him. He hugged me back.

"No problem."

I hugged him tighter, before letting go and grabbing his arm instead, dragging him into the open arms of the book shop, my heart immediately beating faster, a grin permanently etched into my face.

I swear, this is the only time I ever run.

I darted into the book shop, scanning shelves pulling out books that caught my eye and piling them up into my arms. Varieties of reds, blues, greens, yellows, all hugged to my chest in excitement, as I dashed around the store, squealing and yelling and crying and laughing. Harper suddenly came up from behind me.

"You look like a very eager animal. You have that insane, psychopathic beaver look in your eyes."

"Shut up."

"What about this book?" He held up Fifty Shades of Grey, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. I scoffed. "In your dreams."

"I don't know baby doll, we could learn quite a few things from this book together- "

"Ha ha, no." I drawled sarcastically, observing another book. The Geography of You And Me. I could try that. I tried to add it to my pile, but moving my hand would risk me dropping all the books. Seeing my issue, Harper picked up the book and added it to my pile, so it was now towering at my eye level. He raised an eyebrow.

"You need help carrying that?"

I shook my head. "I'm fine."

"No you're not, Noelle. Give me a few books."

I squinted my eyes at him. "My precious."

He groaned. "Just give me a few books- "

He reached out to take a few of my books, just as I stepped back, and somehow, in that split second of action, we both fell- me landing on him and the books scattering across the floor.