66 - final battle part 2

—————
Y/n POV
—————

"Y/n?"

I turned around immediately to see Draco a few steps away, staring at me intently.

He was breathing heavily, but I watched as a small smile crept onto his face and I couldn't help but run towards him.

"Draco!" I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his chest.

He exhaled as I felt his arms wrap around my waist, pulling me closer to him in the embrace. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the warmth and comfort he gave me, never wanting it to end.

"I'm so glad you're safe," he breathed into my hair, kissing the top of my head softly.

I pulled away from the embrace and smiled at him before I grabbed his face with both of my hands, closing the distance between us. The kiss was magical and felt like we hadn't seen each other in years. Our longing for each other was finally fixed and I felt a tear fall down my cheek, overwhelmed by happiness.

He pulled away and leaned his forehead against mine, smiling ear to ear as I let out a quiet giggle.

"I don't mean to break up this beautiful moment, but there's kind of a war going on around us," Jade laughed weakly, causing us to look over and laugh.

The laughter soon faded though as we took in the view around us. Hogwarts was crumbling down and the trees surrounding it were on fire. I gasped seeing our beautiful school being destroyed by the darkness and I held on to Draco's arm.

More students began to pile into the courtyard as I recognized the black smoke of apparition appear in front of us.

And out came Jade's parents.

She quickly gasped and took a step back as they frowned seeing their daughter in the wrong side.

"Darling, you need to come with us. Now." Her father ordered, now looking more serious as her mother extended a hand for Jade to grab.

I watched as she gulped, debating her decision before looking over at Draco, looking for reassurance. She looked terrified and when I looked up to look at Draco, I was shocked to see that he was nervous too. He was just looking at Jade with scared eyes, not knowing what to do to get her out of it.

"Enough of this Jade," Her father gritted through her teeth as he grabbed her arm harshly and began to drag her away from us.

She flinched in pain and tried to pull her arm away, "Dad, stop. You're hurting me!" Her father didn't even look at her as he continued to pull her away.

"Let her go!" A voice yelled from behind us and I turned to see Ryder marching closer with an enraged face.

"Ryder?" Jade asked with sad eyes, not expecting to see him again.

Ryder walked closer to her as Jade's father kept on pulling her farther away. "Fucking let her go!" Ryder yelled louder than last time now running towards them.

Jade's father's head snapped around angrily to face him as he pulled his wand out quickly.

"Stupefy!"