31 - snow

—————
Y/n POV
—————

It was the next morning, and I felt a little sad knowing that I'd only be spending one more week here at Malfoy manor.

I felt a shiver run down my spine and immediately searched for the warmth of Draco, but I couldn't feel him. His arm wasn't draped over me like it usually was, and when I opened my eyes, I saw that his side of the bed was empty. His dent was still in the mattress, meaning that he hasn't been gone for long.

During this whole trip, I haven't slept in my own bedroom since the first night. Sleeping with Draco put both of us at ease and I was always worried for him about his nightmares, even though he always assured me that they was no big deal.

I got up and pulled one of Draco's sweaters over my head as I slowly made my way to the hallway and looked around.

No sight of Draco.

I descended the stairs slowly and was about to walk into the kitchen, when I felt a hand grab my wrist and pull me into the living room.

"Draco, you scared the shit out of me!" I laughed as I playfully punched him.

"Sorry," he laughed as he kissed my forehead, "Get some warm clothes on and then meet us outside."

"Us?" I asked.

"Everyone is outside already, but I wanted to let you sleep in...just hurry and the meet us out there," he smiled as he kissed me one last time before hurrying outside.

When I got back to Draco's bedroom, I got dressed and threw on my new coat that Narcissa had kindly gifted me. She didn't have to get me anything, we just met, but she went out of her way to get me something.

I smiled and also grabbed the necklace that Draco gave me and put it on, admiring the design and blushing, knowing that Draco and I matched.

I quickly put on my new hat and gloves and made my way outside the manor.

As soon as I stepped out the door, I felt the coldness nip my nose and I could already feel my cheeks turning pink from the wind.

"Heads up!" Blaise yelled as a snowball came flying at me and I dodged it just in time for it to hit the wall behind me.

I laughed and balled up some snow in my hands before launching it right into Blaise's face and he stumbled back, a bit shocked at my strength.

Draco laughed hysterically as he nudged Blaise and smiled, "That's my girl."

I felt my cheeks get even warmer from blushing at that last comment but I just smiled and walked over towards the group.

Draco immediately saw that I was wearing the necklace he gave me and smiled proudly while taking in my whole appearance.

I was checking him out too, before I was suddenly yanked away by Jade who was leading me towards a hill.

"Hop in, we're going sledding!" she exclaimed as she gestured toward the sleds in front of us.

"Choose your weapon."

I sat down in a blue, plastic sled and waited for everyone else to get situated.

Then, Blaise counted down from three, and when he yelled, "Go!", the sleds flew forward down the hill as we raced each other.

Jade and Ryder were sat in the same sled, and they immediately slid in front of Blaise's sled, preventing him from moving faster. Blaise flipped them off, and I was taken by surprise when my sled suddenly was hit by none other than Draco.

I gasped and pushed him with both hands and laughed as he tumbled down the rest of the hill.

"You, brat!" Draco laughed at the bottom of the hill as I stuck my tongue out at him and finished the race, beating everyone.

"You cheated," Draco huffed as he crossed his arms.

"What're you going to do, Malfoy? Tell your father" Blaise laughed and everyone joined in.

"By the way, where is the old git? I haven't seen him since we first arrived." Ryder asked and Draco just shrugged and shook his head.

"I don't know and I don't care."

—————
Draco's POV
—————

Y/n and I were getting ready for bed when there was a soft knock on our bedroom door.

When I opened it, I was surprised to see my mother standing there with watery eyes.

"Your father needs to speak to you."

I gulped and nodded before heading back over to Y/n and kissing her cheek.

"I'll be back, goodnight."

"Goodnight," she smiled and cuddled up in the blankets.

As I walked down to my fathers office with my mother, I felt my palms begin to sweat.

What did he need me for?

My mother knocked on the door three times, before she opened it and lead me inside.

"Have a seat, Draco."

I took a seat in front of my father who like normal, looked disgusted by my presence.

"What do you want?" I gritted through my teeth in annoyance.

He glared at me and growled, "Drop the attitude, Draco."

I rolled my eyes and looked over at my mother, but she sat in the corner with pleading eyes, begging for me to listen to him.

"Your friends need to leave." He stated without any emotion in his tone or features.

I laughed, thinking my old man was joking, but his face remained harsh and serious.

"I want them out, tomorrow."

"But why? There's still a week left of winter break!" I protested but his face fell and my mother came around to place her hands on his shoulders and look at me with a sorrowful gaze.

"Draco, it's time."

—————

uh oh

it's time...

🥺🥺🥺

chapter 32 will be out tomorrow!

please vote🖤