44 - truth

—————
Y/n POV
—————

I sat down besides Luna, a bit nervous as to what she wanted to talk about.

She looked at me solemnly before clearing her throat and saying, "I'm very sorry about what happened with Cedric..."

I gulped and looked down as I fidgeted with my fingers. The subject of him made me quite uncomfortable, but I took a deep breath before mumbling, "I just wish I would've gone with someone else."

She gave me a weak smile, noticing my uncomfort before asking, "Do you mean Draco?"

I froze.

Why does everyone keep asking me about Draco?

He was being sweet to me, but he was also so cold and would always ignore me like he wanted to stay away from me.

"I don't know...It's complicated." I sighed as I looked over all the bookshelves.

There were hundreds of books, all from hundreds of years ago. I wish I'd visited the library more, it was quite fascinating.

"How so?" Luna asked, interrupting my thoughts.

I closed my eyes for a moment, revisiting my memories of Draco. All that I knew of him was that he was a selfish git, but I'd recently seen the vulnerable side of him.

Did he have a warmer side to him, or would he always be the "cold, slytherin prince"?

"I'm not quite sure...I feel this strange connection towards him, but he won't open up to me. He acts cold one minute, and then the next he's showing me the vulnerable side of him," I sigh as I open my eyes to look at her directly, "and then he pushed me away again."

She looked around for a second to see if anybody was nearby before asking, "Well isn't that what happens after a breakup?"

I felt my breath catch in my throat. Breakup? What was she talking about?

"Sweet Merlin, I knew it..." Luna gasped as she averted her eyes to focus on some books behind me.

I turned around to look where she was watching, nervously, only to see that she was staring off into space.

"What do you mean, Luna?" I asked hesitantly, as her eyes locked with mine and she gulped.

She took one last look around us before pulling a chair beside me and sitting down. She looked really nervous, because her hands were shaking under the table.

"Blaise had been acting strange whenever I asked how you and Draco were doing..." she started, but stopped to take a deep breath.

What was she talking about? There was no me and Draco, right?

"And well, when he told me you guys broke up, I couldn't believe it. You guys were so in love it's crazy." She half smiled as she looked me straight in the eye.

I felt my breathing quicken as I began to grow nervous knowing that whatever she was trying to tell me wasn't going to be good.