1 - new

follow my Instagram @dracosmaingirl :)

Y/n POV:
—————

"We leave in 30 minutes!" my mother called from downstairs.

I quickly responded "Okay!" then headed towards my closet to pick out what I would wear to my first day at Hogwarts.

I decided on a simple black skirt and white button down shirt. Nothing too fancy, but still classy and clean, I thought to myself.

I pulled up my socks and slid into my new black boots I got just for this.

I picked up my bag full of all the supplies I needed and went downstairs for breakfast.

—————

"Here we are!" my father cheered as we stood in front of platform 9 3/4.

My parents interlocked their hands with mine and ran with me through the brick wall, and onto the platform.

There it was. The Hogwarts Express!

My palms started to sweat as the first-day nerves started to kick in.

Today I would be starting my 6th year at Hogwarts. I had transferred schools over the summer because I felt I needed a change.

Beauxbatons had a good curriculum but I needed more.

I longed for more.

As I looked around the platform, I saw many large families saying their farewells.

I'm an only child, which has its ups and downs. I'm usually very bored at home at Whitmoore Mansion but that's where my house elf, Neve, comes in.

Neve was the one person in my house who truly understood me.

I love my parents dearly, but Dianna and Charles Whitmoore are always working. They work at the ministry and are quite well known.

My mother is the kindest women I know, but she expects too much of me.

My father, on the other hand, is supportive but too over protective.

They love me unconditionally but they also love their reputation which puts tons of pressure on me.

I kissed them each goodbye and guided my way to the open doors of the train awaiting me. I stepped inside and found an empty compartment.

Hopefully this would be a fresh start where people wouldn't judge me based off my family name.

"Is this seat taken?" A tall boy with ginger hair and dimples asked me. "Not at all," I smiled back at him.

He looked back and shouted "Guys, over here!" and took a seat next to me.

A girl with frizzy brown hair stumbled into the compartment and scowled at whoever was behind her.

"Harry, watch where you're going!" she huffed as she sat down across from me.

"Sorry 'Mione," the boy with glasses responded awkwardly as he closed the compartment door behind him and took his seat next to the girl.

"I'm Ron. Ron Weasley," the first boy said proudly sticking out his hand to shake mine.

I returned the gesture and turned to face everyone.

"I'm Y/n Whitmoore. This is my first day at Hogwarts," I started.

"No way! You're a Whitmoore!" the girl exclaimed.

Just what I was trying to avoid, perfect.

"Yes...and you are?" I asked.

"I'm Hermione Granger. And this is Harry Potter," she said pointing towards the boy with messy hair and glasses.

"You know I could've introduced myself, right?" Harry stated sarcastically.

"Whatever Mr. Chosen One," Hermione joked and looked out the window saying "We'll be at Hogwarts soon. I can't wait to be back."

"What school did you go to before Hogwarts?" asked Ron.

"Beauxbatons Academy," I simply replied.

"Interesting, how was it there?" he questioned.

"Bloody boring," I laughed, "The girls there are spoiled and all they do is whine about everything. Honestly, I'm so glad I left."

"Well we're excited that you'll be at Hogwarts with us," Harry smiled.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

—————

When we got off the train, we were loaded onto boats and headed toward the castle.

Woah, was all I could think as the grand school came into view. A smile grew across my face as I dreamt of what adventures lie ahead.

"What house do you think she'll get into?" Ron asked the group as we walked down the corridor towards the Great Hall.

"Obviously she'll be a Gryffindor. She's smart and kind. I'm sure that she'll be a great fit," Hermione answered confidently.

As we turned the corner I was suddenly pushed back and knocked onto the ground by a strong figure. I looked up to see a tall, blonde boy glaring down at me.

"Watch where you're going!" he spat.

Oh boy.

—————

hi everyone! I know this first chapter is kind of short but they'll start getting longer I promise! please vote and leave comments I love to hear how you guys are doing and if you like my story!

author's note 12/3: THE FIRST LIKE FIVE CHAPTERS ARE LOWKEY SHORT AND EH BUT I PROMISE IT GETS BETTER I LOVE YOU🖤

much love,
lyss <3